Ke20me's Ke10 And Ke11 Corollas

kE20ME

hey guys and girls..

i have been meaning to do this for a while as motivation to keep slow long term projects moving along, :y: and to show you all my cars...so here we go...

i have had 5 or so ke20's but always loved the ke1# shape more!! :hmm:

This car is my long term project has i have never driven it, owned it for a while now, every now and then i work on it although recently have rarely had the time!

i have a ke10 project car, its a clean shell with next to no rust, and straight as,

i have had the guards, bonnet, boot, etc.. all the hanging panels sandblasted and primered.

its 99 percent complete (bar a few easily sourced items... all badges, bumper bars, interior etc is all there..)

just needs paint- i have striped it basically completely bare and begun sanding it back but I'm still saving for a good quality paint job.

I'm planning on restoring it to factory specs. my mates are trying to convince me to put a 13b setup in like i did to one of my ke20's but thats highly unlikley going to happen!!! although i do have a 5k and side draft webbers sitting in the shed so that possibility is always there.

18052007017.jpg

18052007002.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i recently bought this as a daily / summer cruiser. after selling my rx-7.. Its very clean and original condition genuine 82 thousand miles on the factory 3k motor.

1970 KE-11 2 door SL model- 4 speed manual standard red interior with only a tiny rip in the drivers seat stiching.

All i have done is service it, and got whitewalls and took off the original mudflaps... still in two mids weather i should have left them on...

all i plan to do is get the dash reskined as there is a few small cracks, and seat seam re-stiched and just enjoy it!!! :hmm: still needs a good clean, and polish, buts here is a few piccs let us know what you think :bash:

the only other thing is possibly a ke20 front disc brake upgrade, so if anybody has some lieing around let me know, but for the time being the drums pull up fairly well!

Picture125.jpg

Picture120.jpg

Picture110.jpg

Picture123.jpg

cheers

henry

:dance:

Edited by kE20ME

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice! That white one looks the part :dance:

Have you moved house Henry? :hmm:

From what I saw last time I was there picking up some KE2x parts, you had a shed full of parts :hmm:

cheers Raven :y:

ah na I'm still where you came last time,

haven't got as many ke20 parts as i used to, but still a fair few... been trying to get rid of them as the last ke20 i owned was my white 13b one, and that was aggges ago.

the pics where taken at my mates place which resembles a house hahaha

p.s that bamboo coloured ke30 is for sale.

Edited by kE20ME

cheers for all the comments :D

umm it was originally an olive / light green colour...

i have changed my mind a few times, but keep coming back to factory colour, but I'm having all inside the doors and boot sprayed etc.. so doesn't mean it will look tacky with the inside on the inside of doors being a different colour if that makes sense. :)

i have a family friend who is a car trimmer and retrimmed some of my ke20 seats and they looked awsome! so the seats roof lining, (mayybe dash pad need to speak to him about that).. and door trims are all going off there when i get around to it.

work on the ke10 is slowing down though cause i have the 11 to cruise around now but it will be completed one day :y:

but will keep updates coming

ill take some pics of the side draft carbies, 5k etc.etc. and all the bits and pieces i have lieing around for the ke10 soon

cheers

henry

Edited by kE20ME

Finally a thread for your cars Henry.

The 11 looks so much better with the whitewalls since when I saw it, I'm so jealous man.

The KE10 looks about the same as when I saw it last haha.

Man I want a minta original KE10-26 now.

Tell me a bit about the KE30, PM me if you like.

Cheers, Ben.

Finally a thread for your cars Henry.

The 11 looks so much better with the whitewalls since when I saw it, I'm so jealous man.

The KE10 looks about the same as when I saw it last haha.

Man I want a minta original KE10-26 now.

Tell me a bit about the KE30, PM me if you like.

Cheers, Ben.

haha the ke10 hasn't changed alot in the last year...although i have slowly been buying stuff for it. and had the hanging panels sandblasted

we gotta organise a rolla cruise soon your new 30 sounds tuff..!

ill shoot you a pm now reguarding the car.

That 11 is sexy!! What year is the 10? These two aren't in the Corolla Database yet.

cheers man. ummm not to sure what year it is off the top of my head :D i have a feeling its 1969 but i could be wrong..its stored at the beach house shed at the moment so ill check next time i get up there! ill get around to putting them up on the data base as well :y:

Hey Henry just thinking how rad your KE10 would be full resto style, standard olive green paint, slammed, venetians, 15x4 and 15x7.5 centrelines, and HIREVN's 13b j-port set-up hmm

haha

Cheers, Ben.

ben that would be awsome.. but i heard that motor has low comp though... and i dunno if i can be bothered doing another rotary conversion... one into a ke10 would be a challange, need to put in a whole new trans tunnel if you want to run a decent gearbox, would need bigger diff, and definatley decent size disc and sus setup on the front. not to mention all the crossmember and mounts, bigger radiator and oil cooler.. i reckon the shell is to clean to cut up and butcher!! and then it will never be engineered due to the power to weight ratio...

i duno I'm thinking of dropping the 5k off for a complete rebuild etc etc with a few bits a pieces next week and then chucking on my side draft webbers and just running that.. from what i have heard the little ke10's go good with a 5k..my ke11 is not to bad with is 3k if its only just me in the car haha :)

Double walls look the goods. I might knock up some pins to fit stock ke10 centrecaps on my car I reckon.

Where'd you pick up the 11?

got it locally... snapped it up as soon as i saw it. was looking for a more modern car as a daily... but as soon as i saw it i had to have it!! ;)

Edited by kE20ME