Are You A Ke** Owner With Awesome Tires?

rjenman

Hi

If you've bought tires for a KE** that you're happy with, I'd like to hear you rant about it.

KE70 preferred.

Why they're good, the fact that you got a good deal, what situations on the road were improved, how they go in the wet ...

my front tires lose traction before the back.... didn't do that before

Members dont see this ad

or change driving style, i run silverstone firefoxes on my ke20 with the standard 12X4 rims. they will understeer if you let them. i have learnt to get the weight transfer over the front and then steer. and only to accelerate when in a straight line. also i have put a 16mm sway bar in the back of my car, best investment i have made.

What size/make do you suggest ?

Are Whiteline ok ?

I have heard a few people have strong and differing opinions on this, and the options available.

i run a whiteline 16mm in the back of my ke20, it has improved the handling no end.

i didn't really do much research on it, it just came up cheap on ebay.

i got some cheap and nasty $50 nangkangs or something. they are cheap, and nasty lol. but i don't drive hard anyway so they are perfect for my situation. i can't really comment on tyres but when i went from 13x6 to 14x7 wheels i really noticed a massive difference in the wet and the car doesnt follow bumps and grooves in the road like it used to.

interested in some swaybars now though :-)

I had some slippy Hankooks on the back of my 25 when i had it. I stuck them on the front because the old ones were scrubbing. Went to drift a corner and being slippies they uh...Slipped. the front wheels broke traction at the same time as the rears and thats how i put the 25 into a kerb. so yea, Hankook slippies are good tires for street dorifto but no good for front wheels. Whadda ya expect for $30 a pr