Legal Engine Conversions For Ke30

mcgoonster

Members dont see this ad
hi guys. was just after some information on what engines are legally allowed to be engineered in a ke30 in victoria.

iv been searching around on youtube, and ive seen some v8s and v6s in ke30s, but don't know what is legal.

thanks

Maybe if you did your searching somewhere more appropriate, like the VicRoads website, you'd find all the answers you need. Or if you didn't find the answers, you'd find who to contact to get said answers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Mate, don't bullshit the whole Rollaclub community that you have been and searched for the information you're after. :)

There's info on the FAQ for Victorian cars: CLICK HERE

There's a KE20 kicking around Melbourne fully engineered with a Windsor 289 (It had a blower at one point too).

What was legal and what is legal now are 2 seperate things, there,s a lot of 13bt engineered cars that were done years ago but you,ve got no hope now, as i said check with your state but thems the rules

• 10 months later...
What was legal and what is legal now are 2 seperate things, there,s a lot of 13bt engineered cars that were done years ago but you,ve got no hope now, as i said check with your state but thems the rules

Hate to rehash an old post but.........

I just rang up an engineer here in Vic who said he will approve ANY of the Jap import engines for my AE71 as long as:

- all the components are stock

- factory ECU

- suspension and brakes upgraded to suit

- there's no cutting of chassis rails, firewall etc.

He said that because all the jap import engines have a stock power output, in theory, of 206kw the power to weoght ratio is within acceptable limits.

Hope this helps the Vic modifiers on this forum.

Hate to rehash an old post but.........

I just rang up an engineer here in Vic who said he will approve ANY of the Jap import engines for my AE71 as long as:

- all the components are stock

- factory ECU

- suspension and brakes upgraded to suit

- there's no cutting of chassis rails, firewall etc.

He said that because all the jap import engines have a stock power output, in theory, of 206kw the power to weoght ratio is within acceptable limits.

Hope this helps the Vic modifiers on this forum.

Whats the name of the engineer and the business he/she trades under?

Whats the name of the engineer and the business he/she trades under?

His name is Gary Le and I got his name from the VASS list on the Vicroads website.

He is located in the Wantirna or Dandenong, I left the list at work so i'm going from memory.

What information he didn't give me was what the maximum allowable power to weight ratio is.

He also recommended that I get a second opinion but I didn't bother because he'll be the one approving my engine mod, hopefully.

Yeh, it's generalised rules of thumb like this that kick the rumour mill into top gear.

Look, I've got no doubt that you can get it done. But to "get any motor" into an AE71 will likely need custom mounts making it a bit more difficult.

If it's coming from a VASS engineer, hold him to it when you take your car in for certain.

The biggest concerns mine had with my poobird was the brake test and the emissions, which get tough after 87 (on the chassis that is) If I recall correctly.

His name is Gary Le and I got his name from the VASS list on the Vicroads website.

He is located in the Wantirna or Dandenong, I left the list at work so i'm going from memory.

What information he didn't give me was what the maximum allowable power to weight ratio is.

He also recommended that I get a second opinion but I didn't bother because he'll be the one approving my engine mod, hopefully.

The power to weight ratio does come into in the equation in some circumstances i believe. However, the main factor is weight v's capacity of the replacement engine.

Make an appointment with the engineer, and get everything in writing. He will file it and bring it out when it comes time for your inspection. The time from my consultation to inspection was approx 2 years. It was handy knowing that i had guidlines to work to, and there wouldnt be any issues if i played by his rules.

The following link is a copy of what my engineer gave me as proof of the guidlines he works to for approving replacement engines.

CLICK