Beach, Bbq & Fun Cruise - 16 November 08

JiP

Hey guys looks like you had an awsome turn out....... got some good pics too

looks like yous had a real good day, shame about the storm.

Just wanted to add anyone who is keen for another cruise this saturday come along to the gold coast cruise....

Hope to see Some of you there.

cheers luke :) :) :(

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Jon!!!! Thanks for a very good day out!!!

i had a realy great time chating with all yous guys about toyotas and all that goes along with it!! count me in for the next one thats for sure!!

Oh my god the traffic from that acco was crazy for just a 2 car head to tail prang!! grrr

was pooing my pants bout the storm as well it looked like hail tryed to get home as quick as i could!!

Cheers Tory!!

same deal, left at 2:10pm got home just before 6, stupid traffic jam, then fuel pump issues, then huge rain, light hail and lightning, thanks to the guys who stopped to see if i was ok.

Sunburn is killer, was a nice drive, good to meet a few of you.

Scott

Hey man can i have my screwdriver back!!! hahahaha how long did you stay there for after i left??? did the 20 get any hail dents?

Okay, let me start with WOW!! I'm gone for one day and this thread has moved over 3 pages!!

I'd just like to thank everyone that came along. Its great to see that we can still pull the numbers. I do think we turned some heads, maybe not as much as the GT's or a bunch of Corvettes or the 100 or so bikes, but still a great turnout. WoW 17 cars!!!

Another massive thanks to Brock for taking the pics for us. Having you take the pics instead of me means a great deal to the quality of the finished product. thanks Heaps!!!

OKE20, just so you know we did pull over and we waited for everyone to catch up. I was told you turned around and went down the mountain. As no one I spoke to had your number I had no choice but to keep going. Glad to see you caught up.

Just a side note, investing in a UHF for cruise purposes is a great Idea. It was good to be able to communicate to everyone throughout the trip.

As for the BBQ, thanks to those few that who pitched in, and a big thanks to scott35 for helping cook. And just so you all know, I had no idea we would be having sausages at Nob Job Park.

I'm surprised hardly anyone went down to the beach. I hope to be able to attend this coming Saturday's cruise, but isn't it Schoolies??

Dougie, I hope you enjoyed my gift to you. Just so you know, there is no need to return that atomic wedgie to me :)

LRS, sad to hear that the bush mechanics work (us) didn't fix that problem.

As for the drive home, man that storm sucked. All up it took around 3 hours. My car was getting bashed by the storm and started to play up. I sensed I was running on 3 cylinders so we pulled into BP South. I was right but sadly they had no power to fuel me up :) I made it home tho.

All up it was a great day. I can't wait till the next or to see how our page for the calendar turns out :(.

for us. Having you take the pics instead of me means a great deal to the quality of the finished product. thanks Heaps!!!

OKE20, just so you know we did pull over and we waited for everyone to catch up. I was told you turned around and went down the mountain. As no one I spoke to had your number I had no choice but to keep going. Glad to see you caught up.

Nah mate that was cool, the fuel pump issues started on the way home, think it had to do with the heat and pressure in the fuel tank, on the way up the mountain it got a little hot initially and went back to check water level at the service station as not taking risks in a mates car, cheers for waiting anyways.

Scott

Simon, I wish that I'd gone down Glasshouse Mtns Road (what's this Steve Irwin Way bullshit I tells ya) but I thought 'Nah, it's still earlyish, she'll be right!' Hah, pwned. Especially when the car just carked it not far past the Mobil :(

I was gunna swing you some money Jon but by the time I got my wallet you'd disappeared.

After that much highway driving again, I SO NEED A FRIGGING 5 SPEED :)

Also, If anyone has a 32/36 Weber for a 4A, I could be persuaded to exchange for cash :)