Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cellphones

Featured Replies

Hey, I'm on my way to aus in the new year, just looking at getting me a cell

 

had a look on some websites like three and vodafone, who are the most reliable?

Hey, I'm on my way to aus in the new year, just looking at getting me a cell

 

had a look on some websites like three and vodafone, who are the most reliable?

 

I'm with three, they're pretty terrible. I wouldn't recommend going with three.

I'm with three, they're pretty terrible. I wouldn't recommend going with three.

 

I've been with Three for over 3 years and never had any issues....i always have good signal and can get on the net on my phone just about anywhere in the city. They are always willing to answer any questions you may have regarding their services and phone plans, Quite helpful i think.

 

And no i don't work for them, i just think you should know that not everyone thinks they are "terrible".

  • Author

well ill probably go on a plan, I'm not sure what these cap deals are tho. would like cheap international texts and mins tho cause i want to keep in touch with my mates over here in nz.

In that case, caps are the way to go. $49 on three you get $350 worth of txt's and calls. Providing you don't go over $350 value (you can check this at any time on your phone) you only pay $49, you'll also get $120 worth of international calls included in the $350. If you go over the $350, you'll have to pay the $350 and whatever you have gone over the amount as well.

go optus, do u want a prepaid or plan?

 

Sorry but optus' network is so far up the shit with inadequate backhaul you'd have a better time if you shot yourself in the foot. I'm with virgin (who are through optarses network) and the coverage is less than inspiring... and that's before you start using data services.

 

I hate to admit it but *cough* IMO the Tel$tra network is probably the best out of the 4 networks currently (being Telstra, Optus, Vodafone and 3). That's pretty bloody depressing!

^^^ likewise

 

Been with Vodafone for nigh on a decade now, never had a problem with customer service or coverage, and I live in bumf@$k nowhere so thats saying something.

 

They also do the cap thing, and with their caps you have a range of bonus options.

ie: I usually get the $49 or $79 prepaid cap, which gives me $340 or $650 worth or credit. In addition, I selected the text and international calls bonus bundle, which gives me several zillion free texts and discounted overseas calling.

The other bonus with Vodafone is you can change your setup and plan anytime you like, no charge, no contracts. So if you run out of credit before the month is up, you just go recharge and you have another month's worth from that date. No overcharging or getting into debt....

 

Oh and I'm not biased, although an ex I am still on good terms with works for Optus so I probably should be :laff: When I was with her I said if she could get me a better deal, I'd switch to Optus... and to this day she still hasn't managed to better Vodafone...

I really thoath telstra.

Had a couple of black guys come around while my wife was home alone. They wouldn't leave until she signed up. None of what they claimed they were offering was true. Called that night and cancelled, then again the next day to confirm, still got changed over a couple of weeks later.

 

Had to cancel 2 more times before they stopped transferring us, thankfully iinet (sorry no mobile service) took us back each time without any charges or alterations to our plan.

 

telstra = $@(%*&!!!

While I'm certainly not a telstra advocate you'll probably find it was some dodgy 3rd party that kept signing you up again (they wouldn't get their commission otherwise). I've had run-ins with them at home and work, very dodgy indeed!

Sorry but optus' network is so far up the shit with inadequate backhaul you'd have a better time if you shot yourself in the foot. I'm with virgin (who are through optarses network) and the coverage is less than inspiring... and that's before you start using data services.

 

Must just be up north, both me and my g/f are with Optus (I'm prepaid, she's cap plan) and coverage is excellent, and the network is very rarely clogged.

Optus' coverage is definitely lacklustre in QLD. Even my ex admits that... I had a company phone with optus which was practically useless outside major towns, which was a problem seeing as I was driving up and down the bruce highway with 200km blackspots and noooo signal...

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.