Wheel And Tyre Sizes To Suit Rwd Corollas: Kexx Database Incl Ae86

seabiscuit

GRR.. I'd spent an hour+ and almost finished writing up this post, when Mozilla Firefox crashed, leaving me to rewrite the darn thing all over. :lolcry:

ANYWAY!

Okay, folks. I'm starting up a thread for everyone to post up the details about rim and tyre sizes on their Corolla's, so that we can make a "Rims and Tyres -

A Buying Guide for RWD Corollas" database. What I'd like everyone to do is use the template below and post up information about their car and the rims

and tyres that are on it, so I can create a database for reference purposes just to give buyers/researchers a basic idea of what rims/tyres will fit, what won't

fit and how it will look on their Corolla. So once we get enough information on each of the cars, I'll make up a database and send it in to the admin and

hopefully we can have our own helpful little database for a buyers guide to rims and tyres for RWD Corollas!

Here is the template for posting your details (with examples). Please post up any other idea's for the template if I missed something or would be good

information for first-time buyers.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Car: 1977 KE30 4 Door Sedan

Modified/Unmodified: Corona struts, lowered 2", Celica diff (OR) Standard.

Rim Size: 17x7 inches

Rim Offset: -3

Stud/Bolt Pattern: 4x100mm

Tyre Size/Profile: 255/45/16 (255 = Tyre Width; 45 = Profile Size [percentage of tyre width]; 16 = Rim Diameter)

Fitment Note: The wheels fit fantastic! They sit in the guards very well. They do not stick in too far, but do not stick out far enough to scrub, giving it a tough

stance. Previously, however, the rims had tyres with a 65% profile and scrubbed when turning sharp and/or bumpy corners at speed! (please tell if guards are

lipped/flared in any way)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is a guide for those of you who aren't too familiar with what each of these are.

Rim size is the size of the rim, measuring the diameter of the circle of the rim (straight across middle), and the width between each bead. (17 inches diameter, 7 inches wide)

Rim offset, measured in millimeters, can be negative or positive, and is the distance from the hub-mounting surface to the rim's true centerline. A positive offset will mean that

the rim sits further IN from the guards, rather than a negative offset, which will sit further OUT, towards the guards.

Stud/Bolt Pattern is the amount of and spacing of the studs on the wheel hub (4 studs, 100 millimeters distance between each diagonally opposite stud)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If we could get a database for each of the Australian-released Corolla's, it will help out plenty of people out there looking to buy some new rims for their corolla!

Here is a list below showing all of the Rear-Wheel Drive Corolla's released in Australia. PLEASE tell me if I missed anything and I'll edit post. :wink:

First Generation Corollas

KE10, KE15, KE16, KE18, KE17

Second Generation Corollas

KE20, KE25, KE26,

Third Generation Corollas

KE30, KE35, KE36, KE38, KE50, KE55

Fourth Generation Corollas

KE70

Fifth Generation Corollas

AE86

Thanks for reading guys, hopefully we can get this database up ASAP to benefit all! :y:

Edited by seabiscuit

Members dont see this ad

My KE30 sedan is being prepared for a bush/4wd sand track rally next year, and to raise the ground clearance , I've just fitted some lightweight 14"x 6" eight spoke polished alloys off a Corona, and fitted them up with huge 185 Dunlop Adventurer lugged Light Truck Tyres

Looks fabulous, turns a lot of heads, and got terrific clearance, no problems turning handling bouncing or whatever, could even go bigger to 195's no probs.

Cheers Pete

Car:1976 ke30,

Modified/Unmodified:

Rim Size: 17x7,

Rim Offset:+25.

Stud/Bolt Pattern:4x 114

Tyre Size/Profile: 205/40/17

Fitment Note: just clear struts, perfect fit on front and rear, sit inside the guards on both, very low.

Car:1973 ke25

Modified/Unmodified: has ke30 rear axels and struts.

Rim Size: 17x7

Rim Offset:+25

Stud/Bolt Pattern: 4x 114

Tyre Size/Profile: 205/40/17

Fitment Note:

FRONT

just clear front struts, with mild mods to lower spring plate (hammer).

Needed adjustable strut tops to pull wheel back inside the front guards and correct camber back to 0.

REAR

rear sat level with the rear gaurd, which is useless unless you like a 4wd look. :wink:

rear needs a fwd offset, +45 for example to sit inside the guard so the car can be lowered.

wheels are no longer on car, to get large 7" wheels to fit correctly on a ke2X, two different offsets are needed. :lolcry:

Looks Rating -

delete this bit, it is subject to opinion , not fact.........

Edited by oh what a nissan feeling!

C'mon guys.. Copy and paste the template to your posts. Makes it a lot easier later on.

Thanks for the responses so far, though. Keep it up. :lolcry:

Here is a blank template!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Car:

Modified/Unmodified:

Rim Size:

Rim Offset:

Stud/Bolt Pattern:

Tyre Size/Profile:

Fitment Note:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by seabiscuit

Car: 1983 KE70

Modified/Unmodified: 86 struts up front with xt130 control arms

Rim Size: 15x7.5 and 15x7

Rim Offset: -8 and +5

Stud/Bolt Pattern: 4x114.3

Tyre Size/Profile: 185/55 all round

Fitment Note: Wheels clear struts easily. You'll need a flare out back to tuck the tyres underneath. Fronts are perfect, if anything, they just rub on the guards a bit near the front section. Just adjust your castor to suit. Enough offset to look good and doesn't draw too much unwanted attention.

ke70003ao1.jpg

ke70006wm9.jpg

finalstage001.jpg

Car: 1975 ke35

Modified/Unmodified: lowered lots

Rim Size: 13 x 6

Rim Offset: ??? never looked rwd offset though

Stud/Bolt Pattern: 4 x 114.3

Tyre Size/Profile: front 185/65, rear 225/60

Fitment Note: fronts fitted perfectly under guards - sidwall just bulged outside of guard when viewed from top. rear needed to be lipped to clear. heaps of inner clearence.

Car: KE20

Modified/Unmodified: lowered, modified crossmember and strut tops

Rim Size: 13 x 5.5

Rim Offset: ??? RX7 alloys

Stud/Bolt Pattern: 4 x 110

Tyre Size/Profile: front/rear 185/65 or rear 205/60

Fitment Note: front cleared the struts just but fitted the guard well. Rear had heaps of clearance with the 185's but the 205's filled the guards nicely. Rear guards were lipped.

Car: AE71 Stock

Modified/Unmodified: 0

Rim Size: 13x4.5

Rim Offset: +27 or what ever the std is

Tyre Size/Profile: 165/75r13

Car: AE86 Stock

Modified/Unmodified: 0

Rim Size: 13x5.5

Rim Offset: +27

Tyre Size/Profile: 185/70r13

-------------

Car: AE86

Modified/Unmodified: JDM (spja 8kg/6kg)

Wheels: SSR XR4

Rim Size: 15x7

Rim Offset: +11

Tyre Size/Profile: 195/50r15

Fitment Note: Prefect with out modifications

2443016_5_full.jpg

----------

Modified/Unmodified: lower than low

Wheels: Proformance Superlights

Rim Size: 15x7 & 15x8

Rim Offset: +12 & -4

Tyre Size/Profile: 195/50r15

Fitment Note: -4 Needs lots of guard rolling for the rear

+12's looks like it leave to much gap imo maybe just the wheel design

2443638_22_full.jpg

Edited by rthy

• 7 years later...

Fitting some 13" x 6" wide wheels to my standard KE20 lowered by 1.5" all round.

Thinking of fitting 175 65 13 tyres as they will be very close to the standard 12" steel wheel rolling diameter.

Will I have any problems with tyre edges hitting front struts, the alloys I am using have the same backspace and offset as the standard 12" steel wheels?

Thanks fellas!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Modified/Unmodified: Modified

Rim Size: 15x7 ssr fins

Rim Offset: zero front, plus 13 rear

Tyre Size/Profile: 205/50 r15 fed 595 rsr

Fitment Note: Front is just inside flush, rear is under just enough that it wont scrub the lips. Its great for a hard driven car.

I'm using ra40 front struts and an mx13 diff. The ra40 struts put the wheel in a very similar place to stock ae86 struts but I also use xt130 lca.

I also felt my 15x8 -6/-8 set was good on the front, but stuck out of the rears 20mm a side on stock gaurds. Part of this is the mx13 diff is 6mm wider than the ae86 diff.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Car: 1975 KE30 4 door sedan

Modified/Unmodified: 50mm lowering blocks in rear, stock height front

Rim Size: 15x8

Rim Offset:+-0

Stud/Bolt Pattern:4x114.3

Tyre Size/Profile: 195/50 r15 stretched

Fitment Note: Sat really nice in the rear with shaved guards and stretched tyres, didn't scrub after guards were shaved, however the front stuck outside of the guards by about half an inch to an inch

post-22726-0-06610000-1461669114_thumb.jpeg

post-22726-0-94456400-1461669135_thumb.jpeg

Edited by 1975 KE30