Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chestikoph Sr20Det Ke55 Coupe

Featured Replies

  • Author

After trialing the fit of my new seats I have realised I need to get the seat mounted as low as possible.

6ft tall and with a helmet on leaves me really close to the roof bars, so I have started on converting the drivers side floor to a flat floor.

It will start just before the standard seat rail was.

So many bumps and raised sections in the standard floor it would have been a nightmare to get the mounts as low as I wanted.

 Bought my self a bead roller and pan brake so I can fab the floor myself, I think I will mod the tunnel and give the diff head some more room as well.

quick phone pic of the start of the floor

image.thumb.jpeg.5bddee368cef6d6afcb2316fe31827bd.jpeg

 

  • Replies 344
  • Views 355.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • chestikoph1
    chestikoph1

    Pretty much finished. Turned out ok, I think? Doesn't give too much away when the plates are on. Only need to do the short hose from the block to the thermostat. Thermostat fully opens at 86 degre

  • chestikoph1
    chestikoph1

    I have had to butcher up the dash in order to fit back in around the cage, the Carlos bars have made it really  hard to get it back in. It has to wedge between that and the A pillar bar for to fi

  • chestikoph1
    chestikoph1

    Have made a start on the inside of the car, ripped out the old sound deadening off the inside of the firewall and stuck on some dynamat. I want the cabin to be nice and quiet. This stuff is great, e

Posted Images

  • Author

A couple of more hours spent on the floor after work and another piece of the puzzle done.

Man I hate YouTube, they make things look so easy.

Can't complain though  first attempt at sheet metal work and it's turning out half ok, just got to remind my self it's only an floorpan!

image.thumb.jpeg.6307ef8b61531a708cbdaca575056705.jpeg

  • Author

Cheers Matt, it's coming together slowly.

Started on the tunnel today, just one more section to fab up and join the tunnel to the floor and drivers side is done.

Then the passenger side has one hump to remove and I can start on the seat mounts.

image.thumb.jpeg.d17f631d8c92617202d98364df9e402a.jpeg

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Passenger side done and started on the seat rails, still have the diff hump to do, I have my new mig welder dialled now and welds look a heap better than the drivers side.

If I was ever to do this again I would cut out the whole floor with the tunnel and fab it all from scratch, it's a pain to work around the existing floorpan, oh well lesson learnt for the other shell.

image.thumb.jpeg.e0a7e45bc77937bca6350e2fca10d6fa.jpeg

  • Author

Diff hump cut out and new section tacked in, loads of clearance now.

Should be the last day day of cutting out bits of the car, waiting on the weld in captive nuts so I can weld in the seat rails once that's done  I can start on the pedal box, then I have to try and fit the dash back in around the roll cage.

image.thumb.jpeg.f46ba9d8d22141ad35c0f5222c3622c9.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.d2294fb27d9a321720fc8f5d10e3e0ff.jpeg

 

So a guy walks into a bar... haha

 

wow check out that birdcage, solid work!!

  • Author

Yeah it's a pretty comprehensive cage Carlos, but I have always believed you can never be too safe, so I got as many bars I could in there.

i have just started on the tedious job of sanding.

image.thumb.jpeg.da7b30028e5422aee239594432bcdae8.jpeg

 

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Made a start on the pedal box mount, not sure about the design yet.

 I want to make it so I can adjust the position of the pedals.

image.thumb.jpeg.b3e4ca40931171fa7ff8916d82964700.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.7f430210931cc3dd9b6a17bde1837bc6.jpeg

 

  • Author

I have had to butcher up the dash in order to fit back in around the cage, the Carlos bars have made it really  hard to get it back in.

It has to wedge between that and the A pillar bar for to fit in, gonna be a nightmare to fit it in without scratching the cage up once it's painted, oh well it's a race car anyway!!

image.thumb.jpeg.cafc26979f3ca076871744269546c92b.jpeg

 

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Author

Off to get the cage, interior and engine bay painted, engine bay didnt really need it but it got burnt up where the cage got welded to the inside of the strut towers, I also welded up the holes where the brake booster, clutch master and heater lines were.

image.thumb.jpeg.fc7283266aa56e69c72f47f0a0eb5e77.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.dd8277c62f52f36870b39c6924213242.jpeg

 

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.