Chestikoph Sr20Det Ke55 Coupe

chestikoph1

After trialing the fit of my new seats I have realised I need to get the seat mounted as low as possible.

6ft tall and with a helmet on leaves me really close to the roof bars, so I have started on converting the drivers side floor to a flat floor.

It will start just before the standard seat rail was.

So many bumps and raised sections in the standard floor it would have been a nightmare to get the mounts as low as I wanted.

Bought my self a bead roller and pan brake so I can fab the floor myself, I think I will mod the tunnel and give the diff head some more room as well.

quick phone pic of the start of the floor

image.thumb.jpeg.5bddee368cef6d6afcb2316fe31827bd.jpeg

Members dont see this ad
  • 2 weeks later...

Passenger side done and started on the seat rails, still have the diff hump to do, I have my new mig welder dialled now and welds look a heap better than the drivers side.

If I was ever to do this again I would cut out the whole floor with the tunnel and fab it all from scratch, it's a pain to work around the existing floorpan, oh well lesson learnt for the other shell.

image.thumb.jpeg.e0a7e45bc77937bca6350e2fca10d6fa.jpeg

Diff hump cut out and new section tacked in, loads of clearance now.

Should be the last day day of cutting out bits of the car, waiting on the weld in captive nuts so I can weld in the seat rails once that's done  I can start on the pedal box, then I have to try and fit the dash back in around the roll cage.

image.thumb.jpeg.f46ba9d8d22141ad35c0f5222c3622c9.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.d2294fb27d9a321720fc8f5d10e3e0ff.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

I have had to butcher up the dash in order to fit back in around the cage, the Carlos bars have made it really  hard to get it back in.

It has to wedge between that and the A pillar bar for to fit in, gonna be a nightmare to fit it in without scratching the cage up once it's painted, oh well it's a race car anyway!!

image.thumb.jpeg.cafc26979f3ca076871744269546c92b.jpeg

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...