Chestikoph Sr20Det Ke55 Coupe

chestikoph1

Members dont see this ad
  • 2 months later...

All back together and painted now, also tidied a few things in the engine bay as well.

I am going go withthe lip, now that its painted it looks better on.

Starting to get withdrawals, need to start driving this thing again.

I kinda liked the later bonnet more and my spare front bumper is pretty shitty, so if any one has decent

ke 30/35 bumper they want to offload send me a pm.

post-4551-0-08454400-1365589011_thumb.jpg

post-4551-0-25060000-1365589083_thumb.jpg

post-4551-0-01095000-1365589048_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Was having issues with the excessive angle of the swaybar link, due to the heavy castor and camber changes.

The lower control arm was fair bit more forward and with rose joint, it was pushed about an inch wider.

That was causing the link pin to tilt rather than act on the swaybar.

So I have knocked up a bracket and changed the swaybar link to another rose joint link.

post-4551-0-78575000-1369657525_thumb.jpg.

post-4551-0-41184800-1369657684_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...

Been a while since the last update, and there has been a few things happening since the last one.

The sway bar links made a huge difference, so it's the way to go if your going to run big camber.

Have done a few sprint events and car is developing every time, new semi race Federal RSR tyres made a big difference as well as some decent brake pads have brought times down.

Also soon to be done is a hydro handbrake running off a second set of calipers, and going to trial a rear sway bar to see if I can enduce some slight early entry oversteer.

For the moment its the chase for some more power, installed some bigger Nismo 555cc injectors and a bigger airflow meter, so hopefully that will nett me the magic 200kw atw.

Will update after the re-tune.

I think that's about all the chassis will handle before there's an adverse reaction, it really needs to have a cage fitted,you can see the flex in the body when you corner hard, the door windows move away from the seals, and being a coupe doesn't help.

Thought about linking the front and rear chassis rails, maybe that will help reduce the twist in the shell.

Any one done this?

Only one pic for now, will upload more once I get a chance.

post-4551-0-53457900-1381410181_thumb.jpg

The dual caliper brackets are finished, just need to source another set of rear calipers, run a another set of lines to a seperate hydraulic handbrake master cylinder.

The fluid reservoir will be remotely mounted in the engine bay.

So I will be running two sets of hand brakes, the standard cable one for parking, and the hydro for the track.

post-4551-0-60115700-1381834505_thumb.jpg