Chestikoph Sr20Det Ke55 Coupe

chestikoph1

Finally fitted some new seats, really wanted some period recaros but hard to find in good condition.

I wanted ones that didn't look to modern and were as low as possible. (with a helmet on, my head was hard up against the roof)

These are from a mr2 and are pretty close, nice and comfy, hold you in tight and have adjustable side bolsters too.

Beforepost-4551-0-55916300-1319275132_thumb.jpg After post-4551-0-96680100-1319275151_thumb.jpg

Members dont see this ad
  • 2 weeks later...

Mr2 seats look great man, keen to see some flicks of your new control arms.

Cheers, Crowie.

Here you go Crowie.

Picked up the control arms today, hopefully get a chance next couple of days to set them up.

Guys did a good job except for the paint, so might get them powder coated before i whack them on.

Should be able to get as -camber as i want, and more +castor now because the rose joints allow more angle than the standard bushed ends.

post-4551-0-52851000-1320743024_thumb.jpg

Fitted up the new lower control arms and went and got a wheel alignment.

A little disappointed with the result, not so much the camber, we set that to negative 2.8 degrees which should be heaps.

But only managed about 3 degrees positive castor before the tyre started fowling on the guards, so had to pull that back a bit.

Gonna see if i can give the front guards a bit of a roll and trim down where it's fowling, and maybe pull the guards a bit forward.

Panel gaps will be a bit wide but the only other potion is to run flares.

I don't want to have to run flares, but i might have to.

Front tracks wider now as well.

At least it's an excuse to get wider wheels and run more rubber.

Any way heres a pic i managed to take before it got dark.

post-4551-0-69747100-1321358886_thumb.jpg

Edited by chestikoph1

• 3 weeks later...

It's been quiet on the mods front lately,but some how you always find some thing to do.

The noise of a Carter silver and Bosch 044 whirring away in the boot has been getting on my nerves, it's bloody loud.

So i thought i would try and reduce it a bit.

Ally plate with some of the Dynamat i had left over

post-4551-0-70271700-1323001268_thumb.jpg

Still have to do the parcel shelf, there's a couple big openings in that.

And now that i can actually hear some thing now, i finally installed a head unit, nothing fancy but good quality.

Always been a fan of there gear, Blaupunkt make some great stereos.

The one i put in is just the basic entry level unit, i didn't really want any bling factor at all.

post-4551-0-85851700-1323001297_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

This is an AWESOME build up, I have read this from start to end in one sitting.

After seeing the LCA's with rose joints, I really want to do it now. Just out of curiosity how much did they set you back?

Thanks mate,

For about a hundred dollars you can get the rose joints and threaded blocks from Techno Toy Tuning from the US.

Brief explanation....

You cut the ends of your arms and weld on a threaded block or tube, the rose joints thread into that with a couple of locking nuts, screw them out for more neg camber and in for less.

Or if you know a decent suspension shop they should be able to mod yours for about $150 -$200.

Just a heads up though, pretty sure it's not a legit mod to do in most states, but if your going to get defected it will probably be the last thing you will get done for.

But it goes a long way towards a better handling car for track use, a bit over kill for street.

Hope that helps.