Trds Rally Car

TRD ke70

Members dont see this ad

love those bumpers mate, they turned out fantastic.

what sort of coating do you have on them to get the chrome? is it just chrome paint of some sort? never thought it would turn out that good if its just paint....

I'm looking forward to seeing this thing in action in a few weeks, ill have to pack my allen keys though...for all those damn alloy bolts!!!! haha

Thanks guys. No plans at this stage to mass produce the bumpers, but you never know. the rear bumper isn't as good, the mould for the rear was taken off a taiwanese bumper so is pretty average. Both are just painted with chrome paint, i believe you can chrome fiberglass but i havent got a price yet. The problem with producing the bumpers is everyone wants bar ends, brackets and lights as well.

I've done my home work and spoken with NST direct. They don't do an underdrive crank pulley to suit the twin belts that an Echo has, only to suit the single belt that a 2006+ Yaris has. And the Echo runs a harmonic balancer and I'm not a fan of replacing them with solid chunks of metal. An underdrive crank pulley will also give charging problems at idle (650 rpm). Although it doesn't has cavitation problems (yet, Adaptronic not fitted yet), an underdrive waterpump pulley wouldn't go astray. I was going to have a chat with Gary Stacey next time I saw him to see if he could chisel one up for me.

What issues did you have with the kevlar?

Edited by rob323

Why have you got a twin belt set up? Do you still have the A/C hooked up? :lolcry:

The reason they have a harmonic balancer is for smoothness and having so much shit hanging off the front of the balancer.

Toyota engines generally are well balanced, plus i wouldn't trust a harmonic balancer on a rally engine, it's likely to fall apart in a stage at hi rpm. :no2:

As for idle, just lift it up to 850-900.

Because we used so many layers, the vacuum pump had to try and pull any air that was in there, through all those layers.

We ended up with air pockets.

I may have a fix for it, not sure yet!!

The bumpers look a treat!

Why have you got a twin belt set up? Do you still have the A/C hooked up? :lolcry:

The AC runs of the alternator belt, the second belt is for the power steering :yes:
plus i wouldn't trust a harmonic balancer on a rally engine, it's likely to fall apart in a stage at hi rpm. :no2:

As for idle, just lift it up to 850-900.

I can't do high rpm or lift the idle until I get that Adaptronic fitted. A stock 6200 rpm rev limit is hardly "high rpm" :(

Because we used so many layers, the vacuum pump had to try and pull any air that was in there, through all those layers.

We ended up with air pockets.

I may have a fix for it, not sure yet!!

Prepreg!