Trds Rally Car

TRD ke70

More goodies arrived today, swapping out the steel nuts that hold the tail lights in with Alloy nyloc nuts.

Also changing the bolts that hold the door panels on, to black alloy dome cap screws, they'll look better with the carbon fibre and you won't catch yourself on the bolt.

Do you source these through Tristan at redline motorcycles in Vic??

Looking good guys keep up the good work.

Thanks again for the info on the 4age head studs(was a while ago). The new engine I screwed together for him just made 302rwkw on 35psi of boost. I might also add it loves it!!!

Stu.

Members dont see this ad

Good day today.

Windscreen is back in and sealed up nicely, got the inside of the boot all painted, along with the boot and mould for the lower panel.

Hopefully glass up the rear panel tomorrow.

Fuel tank, tail ights, wiring and all the brackets installed into the boot as well.

Trying to get the car onto the Dyno this week.

We'll be picking up the new tyres next saturday, we managed to distroy 6 tyres in only 40km's at Hirstglen.

post-439-0-45296300-1336827272_thumb.jpg

post-439-0-00481000-1336827293_thumb.jpg

post-439-0-40764900-1336827308_thumb.jpg

post-439-0-24796200-1336827335_thumb.jpg

Yip.

They (Yoko's) had good straight line traction but not a lot of sideways traction.

The problem isn't the tyres, the road surface at Hirstglen is really hard on tyres, everyone was suffering from the same problem.

This happen the first time we went there as well.

Hoping to get some hards for the next round and see if they help.

• 2 weeks later...

Just back from rally QLD, which has given us a little motivation.

Tony and myself were up there servicing for a couple of teams.

Also got to see my mates Group B Celica in the flesh.

Ran the car on the dyno tonight to see if we have sort out our venting issues, it appears we have.

http://youtu.be/-5qMdPP8B9s

post-439-0-94517400-1338195169_thumb.jpg

post-439-0-97621600-1338195177_thumb.jpg

Also got to see my mates Group B Celica in the flesh.

Ran the car on the dyno tonight to see if we have sort out our venting issues, it appears we have.

That celica is sick!!

On your "venting" issue are you filling the catch can? If so we've had the same issues with my mates 4agte(and a customers 4age). It has never done it on the dyno or when it's cruising, so it's not blow by. So we've now moved onto changing the catch can pick up point from the rear of the rocker covers to the middle to try and stop it. I believe with his car as it's got so much power/g-force and at big rpm the oil pumps on these are probably a little too efficient, it just pumps it out the back. Hopefully changing this to the middle should help.

Keep you posted on results!!!

• 3 weeks later...

No worries Rob, it was bloody cold out there.

So we spent a little time this weekend going through the car after the last event showed a few problems.

It appears there was a bent ball joint that we didn't know about, now fixed, but this also gave us the chance to have a look at the bump steer.

Wasn't as bad as we had thought but there is room for improvement, which we'll get around to soon.

So with the front end apart we've given the car new wheel bearings, greased all the brake slides,inner syphericals and blead the brakes.

Tony removed the front bumper for repair after a little nudge into a bank, and straightened out the bar bracket.

We have a rally in a couple of weeks, so it'll be interesting to see if we can finally finish one in the new car. fingers crossed....

post-439-0-63293400-1341744479_thumb.jpg

post-439-0-14900100-1341744499_thumb.jpg

post-439-0-07073800-1341744520_thumb.jpg