Ke10 Ca18det

Ke10-Hoon

Lol. The engineer I used is on the RTA board for NSW. Everything was by the book. All though i did take a few things out later on. e.g. Pollution gear.

Nah. It's at standard height. Can't go to low. Not because of the wheels but the tailshaft & diff would hit first.

Thats the answer i was looking for, my hilux is cut and ready to go in, and thats what everyone problem

seems to be on 10's and 20's , the diff hits the floor if lowered

cheers

darren

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats the answer i was looking for, my hilux is cut and ready to go in, and thats what everyone problem

cheers

darren

diff hits the floor at standard height, if i lowered my car even 1/2 inch at the rear the diff would be mm away from the floor

cheers

darren

diff hits the floor at standard height, if i lowered my car even 1/2 inch at the rear the diff would be mm away from the floor

i agree! i got a hilux diff in my 30. i was noticing alot of people are saying they have shortened there diffs what hilux is that out of new or old? ive got mine out of a really early hilux 2wd and i didnt have to shorten it at all :wink: I'm not sure it could have to do with the body sizes between the ke30 and ke20 ect but just thought id ask the question.johnnyt

oh mean thanks how much did that whole pedal box cost? and whered you get it from i needa run something like this on mine thanks heeps and can you run boosterson them do you no?

Alot. $1600 installed. The unit alone cost around the $900 mark. I had the shits with my original setup so forked out the cash and got it done right and for all.

You can get them from any good brake shop like B&R, rare spares etc.

Yeah you can run it boosted but it needs to be remote. The Ke10 don't have a booster standard.

Here a pic of my remote Booster mounted under the dash on the passenger side.

post-5462-1234857787_thumb.jpg

i agree! i got a hilux diff in my 30. i was noticing alot of people are saying they have shortened there diffs what hilux is that out of new or old? ive got mine out of a really early hilux 2wd and i didnt have to shorten it at all :wink: I'm not sure it could have to do with the body sizes between the ke30 and ke20 ect but just thought id ask the question.johnnyt

Its out of a 1999 Hilux I think. I got the recipet around here somewhere with the year on it.

Putting a Hilux diff in a Ke30 without shorting it... never heard of that. You would still need to stuff around with the mounts. Not to mention the very important pinion angle.

What year diff was that out of?

• 2 weeks later...
I'm the bloke who said hello to you today at powercrusie mate

Hi, it was so bloody hot out there & the marshals pushing for us to get the cars into pit lane wasn't helping. I didn't even get a chance to ask about you ride. Do you have a thread on it?

Yeah i saw this thing at powercruise.

How did it go?

Yeah that was me.

I was very happy with the car. Didn't overheat (many V8's can't say that but then again i'm not making big power), brakes were good, no weird noises, NO tramping & NO TRACTION!!!!! (should have run the slicks, but where is the fun in that!)

Entered the drags only to lose to a Ford XR8 98ish ute & a white Holden Torana.

I was impressed with the handling & driveline but its only left me wanting more power. I can't let them V8's bet me now can I.

Hi, it was so bloody hot out there & the marshals pushing for us to get the cars into pit lane wasn't helping. I didn't even get a chance to ask about you ride. Do you have a thread on it?

Yeah that was me.

I was very happy with the car. Didn't overheat (many V8's can't say that but then again i'm not making big power), brakes were good, no weird noises, NO tramping & NO TRACTION!!!!! (should have run the slicks, but where is the fun in that!)

Entered the drags only to lose to a Ford XR8 98ish ute & a white Holden Torana.

I was impressed with the handling & driveline but its only left me wanting more power. I can't let them V8's bet me now can I.

A few years ago it used to be easy to pick on the older generation v8 racer, now the they have turbos (haha whos sneezing now farkers) in their arsenol and 600+ cube engines it just got a hole lot more interesting. I used to get away with 360 odd rwhp in my ke20, that was usually enough to shut down all but the serious blown v8s, now i figure you're going to need twice to 3 times that amount haha and lots more rubber to put it down.

Don't you have eyes reversed in the rear leaf springs?, so woudn't that make it lower?

Have you got to try out the mt radials yet:)?

I Have to keep coming back to look at this project, has so many ideas and is a well thought through project

with a good balance of everything..top stuff

cheers

darren