Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cool Induction Setup

Featured Replies

you are looking at the latest in efi setups from Moon

 

The link was posted.

G`day mate, I`m all but certain that they are Stromberg 97 dual throats. They came standard (One only)on Ford Customline 272 Cubic Inch V8`s from 1951 to 1958. Edlebrock made manifolds to suit twin, triple, quad, six and eight. They were a very popular choice back in the days of ford Zephyrs, early falcons etc for a quick power upgrade.

They are as scarce as the proverbial these days, but they still turn up on old school hotrods.

Cheers.

 

p.s. If you`re keen on home made injection, have a look at the old holden/valiant strombergs. Up to inch and seven eight, single throat and simples as to work on.

 

Nice way to bump a 5 year old thread with the wrong answer to a question that had already been solved.....

Nice way to bump a 5 year old thread with the wrong answer to a question that had already been solved.....

The bloke still posted useful information.

Just thought that I would come back at you and ask for your expert opinion, as a 26 year old who would have probably little idea what a Ford Customline or a Stromberg 97 actually is, what was the (wrong) information that I supplied. Mate, I am over 60 years of age and have played with cars since I was 16, so you better come back well armed with info.

C`mon brains, your serve.

Cheers.

p.s. And who really gives a rats arse how old the thread is. I know the guy who posted it in the first place and to me, he was asking for info.

Just thought that I would come back at you and ask for your expert opinion, as a 26 year old who would have probably little idea what a Ford Customline or a Stromberg 97 actually is, what was the (wrong) information that I supplied. Mate, I am over 60 years of age and have played with cars since I was 16, so you better come back well armed with info.

C`mon brains, your serve.

Cheers.

p.s. And who really gives a rats arse how old the thread is. I know the guy who posted it in the first place and to me, he was asking for info.

 

Not to get on your nerves but he was actually playing a guessing game to see if anyone would realise what they were before he gave the answer.

I thought they were the Zenith carbs off a MK3 Zephyr!!

But i was wrong, good way to hide the fact you have EFI!!

I wonder if anyone as used the Triumph injection manifolds on something like a K and put electronic injection on it instead of the mechanical.

Don't stress old fella. Old skool info like that is still appreciated. FYI Hiro this thread was posted as a link in a more recent thread so that's were old fella got hold of it.

 

Trev - Have you see this thread before.....

 

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/index.php?showtopic=18354

 

I really like the stealth setup (both carb/efi and ignition [waste spark packs]) a lot. How good would it be to combine that and this.....

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/index.php?showtopic=43929

 

:rolls:

  • 3 weeks later...

The setup you speak of Trev used to be a favorite with the Holden 6 crew, mechanical or efi. You can get injectors that fit intothe old spray nozzle holes so it works a treat, and there hose type so you can make it look like mechanical injection still.

 

OldFella, you were onto it! Pretty good info there really.

 

I instantly though they were stromie 97's, there a copy of those carbs anyway ( THE carb to have if your chasing the multi carb traditional setup), you can even buy them new again now. And as for how much of a copy looks wise they are, they even have the 97 cast into the side like the originals!

 

JP

The setup you speak of Trev used to be a favorite with the Holden 6 crew, mechanical or efi. You can get injectors that fit intothe old spray nozzle holes so it works a treat, and there hose type so you can make it look like mechanical injection still.

 

OldFella, you were onto it! Pretty good info there really.

 

I instantly though they were stromie 97's, there a copy of those carbs anyway ( THE carb to have if your chasing the multi carb traditional setup), you can even buy them new again now. And as for how much of a copy looks wise they are, they even have the 97 cast into the side like the originals!

 

JP

 

I have dealt with the induction system before on triumphs at road and track and I do not know why more people don't go for the option, they are a good size and are good with power, here is a drive by vid of one of the race cars:

 

EDIT: The 2nd car

 

Edited by Trev

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.