Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Test Flares For Ke20!

Featured Replies

Hey does anyone have any flares I could test out on my ke20 too see what they look like? I've got some superlights that hang out the guards a little and I want to see what flares look like.

 

I'm in Adelaide too!

 

Cheers

 

troy

Edited by RA28GT

  • Replies 54
  • Views 38.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Author

Anybody else in Adelaide have a set i could try on? Raven has his stored away and i don't want to create too much of a fuss for him!

 

Thanks guys.

 

Troy

I couldn't imagine a KE20 with guard flares. It wouldn't look right

because they don't have the coupe-style back end. I might be wrong though!

  • Author

All depends on wheels and stance/height I'm thinking.

 

DSCF2755.jpg

DSCF2766.jpg

You are right... That does look pretty beast!

I assume you're going for that look?

 

Although on the bottom photo (front look) the rear flare looks out of place. It doesn't flow with the body.

Edited by seabiscuit

I "should" be able to pick mine up this weekend.

 

If you can wait that long, I'll meet you somewhere or you can come past my place and we'll see how they fit.

that is the first KE20 i have ever seen look tough with flares and i spent ages looking for picsof flared KE20s when i was thinking about doing it to my KE20.

  • Author

Thanbs Raven that would be a huge help mate!

 

Heres a few pics of the wheel/s on my car. Thats why i need flares or something similar to be done. What are peoples thoughts/opinions? I would paint the centers black too (i did quickly photoshop one black also).

 

13x7 with approx 0 offset, 175/70/13 also rocking an electrical tape whitewall :hammer:

 

IMG_8187.jpg

IMG_8189.jpg

IMG_8195.jpg

IMG_8206.jpg

That looks perfect

 

I wouldnt go flares personally, theres not anough poke to justify it.

 

Give the guards a roll, maybe an ever so light pull and that could be perfect

 

Definitely now my favourite KE20 in SA.

 

Now I HAVE to get mine done

 

Cheers, Ben.

Mate those Superlights look awesome.... :hammer:

 

Good idea on buying them new, you won't be disappointed with them :y:

That looks perfect

 

I wouldnt go flares personally, theres not anough poke to justify it.

 

Give the guards a roll, maybe an ever so light pull and that could be perfect

 

Definitely now my favourite KE20 in SA.

 

Now I HAVE to get mine done

 

Cheers, Ben.

 

not enough poke? he needs some sought of flare on that ben, theres a good 30mm sticking out on the rear there!

 

if you really wanted to go to the effort, put a 25 mm flare on the rear fibreglass over it and make it look like its part of the body

 

i can't find the larger version of this pic but you get the idea. a 25mm wouldnt be as big as these

250px-Toyota_Corolla_front.jpg

Definitely needs flares!

 

I really hope you have stiff suspension, because I (and others) sure as hell don't want to see them

guards cut up haha

  • Author

For the record my stud pattern is not converted yet! These wheels are 114.3 i just have the wheels sitting on the studs for demonstration purposes and resting on the jack. I don't really want flares, looking into pumping the guards out 25mm or so giving it a different look than bolt on flares, more of a suttle look?

 

That looks perfect

 

I wouldnt go flares personally, theres not anough poke to justify it.

 

Give the guards a roll, maybe an ever so light pull and that could be perfect

 

Definitely now my favourite KE20 in SA.

 

Now I HAVE to get mine done

 

Cheers, Ben.

 

It looks pretty tuff but the poke is too much to not attract police attention, like nick said theres about 30mm poke there.

 

Mate those Superlights look awesome.... :hammer:

 

Good idea on buying them new, you won't be disappointed with them :y:

 

Didn't get them new, i don't like the new style superlights i checked them out and they had minimal dish even at low offsets. Theses are also 4x114.3

 

Definitely needs flares!

 

I really hope you have stiff suspension, because I (and others) sure as hell don't want to see them

guards cut up haha

 

There only just sitting there for now. its not far from bumpstops so that limits the downwards travel anyway. but if i decide to run these i will need to get my springs reset and run different shocks!

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.