Test Flares For Ke20!

RA28GT

The flares I have would fit the wheel within the flare itself....just....and they're genuine TE27 replica ones too.

You could pump the guards, which someone else mentioned, but I don't think that would particularly suit the period style you're going for, even if it is subtle.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The flares I have would fit the wheel within the flare itself....just....and they're genuine TE27 replica ones too.

You could pump the guards, which someone else mentioned, but I don't think that would particularly suit the period style you're going for, even if it is subtle.

If it looks good with flares then ill go with them, your right flares suit the style I'm going for it just depends on how they look on a ke20 back end.

I know you've got TE27 ones as well, you got them from the US right from someone that made a mold from his originals?

For the record my stud pattern is not converted yet! These wheels are 114.3 i just have the wheels sitting on the studs for demonstration purposes and resting on the jack. I don't really want flares, looking into pumping the guards out 25mm or so giving it a different look than bolt on flares, more of a suttle look?

It looks pretty tuff but the poke is too much to not attract police attention, like nick said theres about 30mm poke there.

Yeah my bad, on first look it it didnt look too bad but there is about an inch poke as you said.

I don't think a heavy metal roll would look with with the KE20 shape.

I just sick of flares then wheels not filling them, I think you'll be doing this pretty right. :jamie: nothing to complain about yet lol

Cheers, Ben.

ps ra28gt, what do you think the fitment would be like with 165/50s? What offset do you think would be ideal for a 10mm poke of rim while tucking 165/50s?

thinking something around a 13x7 +10 atm

Make a mold while Raven's not looking!

I'm planning to do the old switch-aroo, while ravens not looking i'm going to switch his for my highly accurate cardboard te27 flares. My guess is that no-one will be the wiser....

Yeah my bad, on first look it it didnt look too bad but there is about an inch poke as you said.

I don't think a heavy metal roll would look with with the KE20 shape.

I just sick of flares then wheels not filling them, I think you'll be doing this pretty right. :jamie: nothing to complain about yet lol

Cheers, Ben.

ps ra28gt, what do you think the fitment would be like with 165/50s? What offset do you think would be ideal for a 10mm poke of rim while tucking 165/50s?

thinking something around a 13x7 +10 atm

I'm just hoping the flares will look good, i took a couple more pics tonight after some polishing (see pic), if the wheels don't fill the flares I'm going to bloody space them :yes:

Looks real tough with both wheels on there, if anything the front end would need to be dropped down a little lower and i would like to leave the rear. Also i would paint the centers black and would have some whitewalls done (i know not exactly matching the style but i think they look good).

I rang a couple tyre places today looking for some 175/60 and they all laughed at me when i told them i wanted to run them on a 7" rim, they said it was physically impossible lol. I'm not sure what your chances are of running a 165/50! thats some big stretch and real tough to fit with that low profile.

I also measured the offset today as well, looks to be dead on 0 so i know that for sure now.

Like you were thinking some 13x7's +10 would come real close to fitting with a little poke? Ive got roughly 30mm of poke at the moment.

IMG_8210.jpg

IMG_8229.jpg

IMG_8250.jpg

IMG_8220.jpg

Edited by RA28GT

Yeeeewww thats looks f@$kin rad

Going by your pics a 13x7 +10 could be sweet as I don't really want to mod my guards at all, maybe a roll at the most

Oh and definitelt go whitewalls, looks sweet.

Could you tell me what you have done to your rear suspension? ie how much lower it is atm. pretty perfect height at the back

Oh and as for stretch I am running 175/60s on 13x8s on my ke70.

165/50 should fit ok on a 13x7 and look sweet

Cheers, Ben.

I'm thinking of running some 175/60's but i'm not sure just yet. Would like to avoid a defect.

As far as the rear springs I've currently taken out the second biggest spring and flipped it on top, and the little baby spring it flipped too. Its bouncy and sits about 1.5" from bump stops but never hits the stops? But that has to change with these wheels, ill get the reset as low as possible and then run some blocks perhaps?