Ke15 Sl Sprinter

silverra23

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update - this thing is amazing!

New battery, a little bit of "Start Ya Bastard" down the carby throats and she fired up.

Idles perfectly and in a quick run around the block seems to purr like a kitten. No coughs or hiccups!

Brakes are dodgy, but that could be just me forgetting about lack of vacuum assistance.

Home tomorrow on a tow truck, and then we can get into the clean up :hammer:

OK K engine gurus.. rollaclub diagnostic services required.

As tow truck drivers were dicking me about, I took the challenge and decided to drive this little beast back to work where it will be living for a little while.

Started and purred away and let it idle to warm up while I organised a vicroads temp rego. Drove away no real dramas though I think the rear brakes are seized-ish.

However after only a kay or so the oil smoke cloud behind me was pretty nasty, and power dropped right off. So i decided I didn't want to toast it, pulled over, called another towie and came back on the back of a flat bed.

When it got back here, it started up fine, no real smoke cloud, and no horrible noises from the engine - in fact the boys here commented on how quiet it is.

So any ideas what would cause a drop off in power and lots of blue smoke when the engine is warm and under load??

OK K engine gurus.. rollaclub diagnostic services required.

As tow truck drivers were dicking me about, I took the challenge and decided to drive this little beast back to work where it will be living for a little while.

Started and purred away and let it idle to warm up while I organised a vicroads temp rego. Drove away no real dramas though I think the rear brakes are seized-ish.

However after only a kay or so the oil smoke cloud behind me was pretty nasty, and power dropped right off. So i decided I didn't want to toast it, pulled over, called another towie and came back on the back of a flat bed.

When it got back here, it started up fine, no real smoke cloud, and no horrible noises from the engine - in fact the boys here commented on how quiet it is.

So any ideas what would cause a drop off in power and lots of blue smoke when the engine is warm and under load??

Stale fuel perhaps??