Best Engine For Fast Cornering And High End Top Speed

hey

i was wondering on everyones thougths on what would be the best engine you could drop into a 1993 ae94 rolla and have it put out a tonne of kws atw and have it drive nicely on the road with.....

as i want a car that has nice cornering speeds and a high top end speed

any thoughts would help

Members dont see this ad
i was wondering on everyones thougths on what would be the best engine you could drop into a 1993 ae94

rolla and have it put out a tonne of kws atw and have it drive nicely on the road with.....

as i want a car that has nice cornering speeds and a high top end speed

generally an answer would be something along the lines of probably a few grand for a factory optioned motor or similar...

or 5 to 10 grand for an full engine conversion...

this will just give you a more powerful car overall than what you have, so rolling straight line speed / acceleration will be good

but for a overall fast car you will need more power, lower weight, suspension set up, handling, brakes and traction amongst

other things like driver skill, cornering techniques, diff ratios and useable power curves :)

Maybe turbo the engine that you currently have given that you sound like you are on a low budget. A low boost set up would probably work and not cost a massive amount ($1000 - $2000) - depends how much you do yourself.

If that fails to whet your whistle then you are looking at an engine upgrade of some sorts. A 7AGE with 20V head and turbo sounds good to me. My mate and I were rambling over this on the weekend and we think that it would probably cost upwards of $3000 just to build a motor like this not including the turbo and engine install.

Might also be time to buy a new car.....

JZX100's are getting cheap now if you can handle an auto :)

the MOST BUDGET turbo 4age ive ever seen is the one i built, in an AE71.

$600 - turbo, manifold and dump pipe

$500 - greddy emanage

$300 - 4AGZE ECU, injectors map sensor and other sensors

$50 - bodget intercooler

$300 - intercooler piping and exhaust hookup (connected to the existing 2" exhaust)

$80 - air filter

$400 - tuning

== TOTAL $2230

... and that was in a RWD, so it was a lot easier than FWD, and i did a LOT of work myself.

• 4 weeks later...