Somethind Different - F20c Vtec In Ae82

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this motor in a civic would be way cooler than in an ae82 liftback, and have a lot more resale value.

+1

I'd much rather drive a Civic than an AE82

I'm interested to see if this happens though.

Cheers, Ben.

well I am interested, whens the old engine come out? oh and talk to an engineer before you do anything

old ones comin out as soon as the new 1 arrives.... dunno know wen that will b though... its comin from the states... but it wont bother me wen it comes.... cause I'm now goin off for 5 weeks for army stuff.... cause I'm a reservist... will see an engineer wen i get back...

^^ couldn't agree more with what irokin said. Should have researched first before laying out the money and time, because the whole project hinges upon the engineer giving the project the green light or not

And if they say no.......

Nothing worse then a shattered out of pocket dream.

Upon saying that 3sg turbo's have gone into the '82 engine bays along with mazda v6's into lasers so you might have hope.

But research in what you have to do. Ask the engineer what needs to be done, google for the spec's on the car the motor came from for things like brakes suspension driveline etc to get an idea on what you have to do.

Join a forum, http://www.honda-tech.com/index.php, or two and start a thread there on what your planning. Sure you'll more then likely get a good flaming for it, but some will see the light in your left of field dream and offer some help.

Go for it dude go for it

but it does hinge on the engineer

On one hand i'm questioning... Why on earth would you bother?

But that's just me. And this is your project dude, and at the end of the day, if it makes you happy, then all the more power to you.

It's only money after all, i know i'd rather personally spend it on something than sit on it.

But that said, i do get the impression (i could be wrong) that you're going into this a bit half-cocked? How much research have you put into this project? Have you answered all your questions? Have you run the idea past someone who knows more than yourself in regards to this (no offence) to see if they've got questions / can forsee problems?

But at the end of the day brother, go hard.

if i could choose beetween my wife or my car... lets just say i'll sighn the divorce papers in an instance....

as i said above i would get a divorce to the love of my life b4 sellin this car...

Haha wow man, i can't believe i missed this gem! Thats insane!

You can't stick your dick into a Seca!!