June 20, 200917 yr comment_353554 Um picture should tell all. Unbolted everything and dragged the shell off. Its an Ae71 For those interested Anyone else done anything like this? Edited June 20, 200917 yr by KE70-from-mt-panorama Report
June 20, 200917 yr comment_353585 Didnt remove the engine/gearbox, but have used this method to remove diffs, front ends etc in KE2*'s Report
June 20, 200917 yr comment_353619 Yup... did the same to an AE71... Except I lifted the shell up and over instead of rolling it to the side. Pics are somewhere on this site I think. Report
June 21, 200917 yr comment_353680 Helped a mate strip a capella. Had basically everything stripped from the car but the engine and gear box, so we left those sitting on cinder blocks and lift the body off and carried it out to the front lawn. Report
June 21, 200917 yr comment_353701 I put a big trolley jack under the engine crossmember of a TA63 celica... Unbolted everything, including the full front suspension then used the engine crane to lift the body high enough to roll the whole lot out... front wheels and all. Report
June 21, 200917 yr comment_353849 I didn't remove the engine or gearbox but I did find an alternative way to drain my engine oil :bash: Edited June 21, 200917 yr by BReNt Report
June 21, 200917 yr comment_353880 We've got a HQ Premier lying on its back at my place. I think the diff was being removed. Report
July 1, 200917 yr comment_356187 Not personally, but you could've just jacked it up + propped it on stands, unbolted the engine + attatched it to a shed roof of some description, then kicked the stands out? Report
July 1, 200917 yr comment_356216 I've done something similar myself with the help of 4 others. I had this old shitter ke20 and wanted to pull the motor out of it with the least hassle. We rolled it on its' side, with the intention of removing the gearbox, and to put it back on its' wheels to lift the motor out of the engine bay.... didn't quite work out to plan though. LOL. On its' side we removed the tailshaft, gearbox xmember, bellhousing bolts and disconnected the other crap. The gearbox didn't want to come out easily so I shook the shit out of it to have the gearbox come out in my hands. At the same time the engine mounts broke and the motor fell out the otherside and landed on the ground. :wink: Time from start to finish for motor and gearbox removal was 10 minutes. :y: Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now