K Engine Extractor Price

KE30Coupe

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i paid $80 usd which is around $110 aud?i don't think the shipping could be over $90usd.....i think i only paid 12bucks shipping

it really did make a difference though

p.s. the shiny ones would NEVER work over here; we have a steering box to contend with

Edited by mikeys toy

Mmmm, shiny extractors. If you get thm HPC coated they look like that (or the one's in the Dwarf :)). A place up at Brendale does them. Apart from looking pretty, it SIGNIFICANTLY reduces under bonnet temperatures.

Don't bitch about price too much guys, my extractors alone cost $700 for the Dwarf...

BAH!

Forget the bling extractors, I'd rather heat-wrap it, at least it's more beneficial, and it looks tough too! :)

Heat wrap is also a sensational way of shortening the life span of your extractors. They crystalize and crack very rapidly. The ceramic coating is seriously the goods for keeping down heat. I was a sceptic until I fitted these up.

I used to have heat wrap on my old extrators. They lasted 18 months before they were irrepairable.

another thing to worry about with heat wrap is increased fire risk. anyone ever had a carb needle and seat jam open and flood the carb? where does all the excess fuel go.... all over the extractors.

get your exhaust flanged for easy removal. i got a 3 bolt flange put on at the end of my extractors. i am still using the same gasket that was put on when i got the system done about 5-6 years ago. it has seen 4 different engine combos and i must have removed the extractors a dozen times.

Edited by Felix

The whole standard exhaust is like $100 approx. The sports is $150 from the headers back and extractors can total the lot up to anywhere near the $700 (depending on who you go to).

Now others can correct me if I am wrong, but you CAN run dual carbs with a standard exhaust, but don't expect too much of a boost in performance, as your engine's breathing will still be restricted.

But like I said, I could be wrong, this is just my opinion, it ain't mechanically based.