K Engine Extractor Price

KE30Coupe

the ones i bought will fit right onto the stock exhaust; the collector is a clamp fit with a length of formed pipe reducing it to whatever the stock size was.

you have to cut your original pipe down by the trans mount and clamp it on

i threw mine away as i already have 2" pipe

• 4 weeks later...
Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what is the perfect extractor pipe size for a k engine??? that if u using 2" piping...btw last month i went to one of the exhaust shop here, an found a ke20 extractor 4-2-1 config.....i ask the mech there can it fit my car, he said "can't!!". is 3k in ke20 exhaust port is different from 3k in ke35???

what is the perfect extractor pipe size for a k engine??? that if u using 2" piping...btw last month i went to one of the exhaust shop here, an found a ke20 extractor 4-2-1 config.....i ask the mech there can it fit my car, he said "can't!!". is 3k in ke20 exhaust port is different from 3k in ke35???

who says cannot last time I am using 3K engine + 4-1 header from KE20 car no prob what :P

With the 3k motor there are two different types of head, the one with a welsh plug type of casting mark in the back of it has larger inlet and exhaust ports as well as slightly larger valves, the combustion chamber looks the same as a normal 3k head but, there are slight differences which raise the copression ratio as opposed to the one with the plate screwed to the back of the head, the for mentioned head also goes well on the 4k as it raises the compression ratio even further but you may have to run octane booster or retard your timing a little to stop it from pinning, I have tried one of these setup just to see the difference for my self, the increase in power response was quite noticable.

I had a set of extractors fitted for $170 to my KE20 6 months ago and the prices havn't gone up that much 4-2-1 type Bellerive suspention and Exhaust in Hobart, if you need to know anyhting about K Engines give Peter robinson a call on (03) 95441162.

With the 3k motor there are two different types of head, the one with a welsh plug type of casting mark in the back of it has larger inlet and exhaust ports as well as slightly larger valves,

the welsch plug is not a casting, there is actually one in there. they can pop out.....

a 3k welsch plug head has exactly the same size valves as all later heads. the only head that had different sized valves was the original "K" head, which were smaller.

btw last month i went to one of the exhaust shop here, an found a ke20 extractor 4-2-1 config.....i ask the mech there can it fit my car, he said "can't!!".

ke20 and ke35 route the exhaust differently ...

gearbox cross member goes one side of the car to the other on a ke20, it's about 1/2 the width on the ke35.

On the ke20, exhaust tucks up into the transmission tunnel (over the x-member), right beside the gearbox, .. on the ke35, it goes out to the left between the end of the gearbox x-member and the side of the car.

ke35 extractors *won't* fit into a ke20 without modifications (I know from painful experience!). The longer gearbox x-member in the ke20 gets in the way,

I would've thought that ke20 extractors would fit in a 35 though ...

Slapper