K Engine Extractor Price

KE30Coupe

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slapper, welcome to Rollaclub and thanks for that info.

Do you mind if I add it to the FAQ?

Cheers

no problemo - whack it in the FAQ

Incidentally, the remedy for 3X extractors vs the 2X gearbox x-member problem is to weld a U-shaped relief into the gearbox crossmember so the exhaust can go wherever it wants. I suspect I dropped some photos in the oldcorollas piccies area if you're keen.

However (there's always a however!) ... you also need to worry about the steering idler arm ... because the 3X engine bay is slightly wider, my 3X extractors swung further away from the engine than was a good idea for the 25 - resulting in a nice little dent where the steering idler thumps into them on hard left turns (made worse by the engine twist when you rev).

All up, I had the exhaust shop heat, bash, bend etc to the point where I would've been better off buying brand new 2X specific extractors than the $50 wrecker specials plucked from a KE30.

Slapper

this mean ke35 will only be fitted with ke30 extractor. Daamn, luckly i don't scold and buy that ke20 extractor yet.thank slapper....

I suspect the 2X extractors *would* fit a 3X ... if you were replacing the rest of the exhaust as well.

The 2X exhaust hugs the transmission inbetween the floor, the gearbox and the x-member. It certainly looks like this would still work with the 3X as well as the 2X (apart from the 3X good idea of routing the exhaust heat *away* from the gearbox rather than right next to it).

You'd need to replace the rest of your exhaust as well as it would be in a different spot under the floor.

The 2X extractors hug the engine tighter as the engine bay is smaller *and* they need to hug the gearbox.

All up, it would certainly be a safer bet that 2X extractors would fit a 3X car, but the safest bet wuopld be that 2X extractors would fit a 3X car :D

Slapper