K Engine Extractor Price

KE30Coupe

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I, too, was fat dumb and happy for many years! :dance:

I wasn't slagging them, Col, I got many years of happy use out of Aisans, just pointing out that you don't necessarily require a "zorst" to fit them and be of some use. :thumbsup:

the local exhust shopjust quoted me $265 for a set of extractors.. i will have to fit them... but the thing i don't understand the guy said they will fit straight on to the rest of the normall exhust.. does that sound right to you guys?

Doesn't sound right to me. Like most extractors, the collector is just a round pipe. You normally flange another piece of pipe over that to continue the exhaust. This join is either clamped or welded, depending on your preference.

Stock corolla exhaust's have the flange on the pipe which wont allow you to do this. I don't think that flange is removable from memory (without the use of an angle grinder).

If your fitting extractors, why arent you going to fit a bigger diameter pipe anyway?

Edited by kangaroosa

i prefer to have all my exhaust work flanged, not welded or clamped. this way you can unbolt the whole lot in parts if you ever need to get to anything else (ie: removing engine), have new bits made up if you change your mind about a muffler or catalytic converter :dance:

In regards to the price: you just have to know where to look...

I found a set of roughly 1.5" extractors for a k engine in the wreeckers for $55.00.... SWOOOOOPP

Damn you..........damn you straight to hell :)

Nah well done m8....give ya $70 for em :)