K Engine Extractor Price

KE30Coupe

I can spend about $200 more on this car without the wife knowing that I'm spending way too much on the car...........so I was thinking either extractors or head work on the mighty 3K.

I'm getting the cam reground as we speak for $75 at crow cams so thats all done however using the search function I read several posts that suggest that with a cam in the engine I really need to have extractors. So since I was planning on cleaning up the head myself anyway I figured extractors are the go.

So I ring up a couple of places here in Melb and nearly fell of my chair when I'm quoted between $550 and $630 for extractors with a 2" pipe. I thought this was a bit excessive so I began searching back through the forums and sure enough I found one reference to the price of extractors of around $200. Now if this is correct then why the hell am I getting quoted between $550 and $630 for a set of extractors & a 2" pipe for a 3k in a KE30. Am I getting ripped off or does that sound right.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For Genie Terminators extractors, 2" all the way piping, hot dog, resonator, rear sports muffler and 3" tip, I paid $650 fitted with warranty through Midas.

So yeah, that sounds about right.

If you want one price that would be reasonable, ring up George from Mr. Muffler Man in Epping (03 9401 1988) and tell him you were reffered from John, Anthony's brother. He'll look after you, I'm sure.

Edited by Tiger

I got 4:1 extractors off ebay new for $110

I got a muffler off ben for $20 - Fiberglass, used - GC tho

When to exhaust shop and said - Use my extractors & muffler, give me another muffler and 2" pipe, install it all - $220

so $350 all up for an exhaust system for my ke70.

6 years i bought my 4-1 extractors for $180 brand new from an exhaust shop.

Then an extra $200 for a 2" pipe and two resonators with a 3" droop tip.

These days, anything over over $500 for the complete package, i would consider to be excessive. Shop around is my best advice.

I always found that places like Midas, Daalder and all the other well known companies are way more expensive than someone like your local exhaust shop.

Shop around is my best advice.

I always found that places like Midas, Daalder and all the other well known companies are way more expensive than someone like your local exhaust shop.

Best advise out... shop around, but not with big name places.

The guys that done my exhaust were Midas in Thomastown. The only reason why I went there is they worked on my cousin's cars and they spent mega bucks over there and they looked after me... well.... it is steep I know, but they do sting you for labor too, don't forget. So all up I thought $650 supplied/fitted and under warranty was not bad.

*evil grin*

*looks at his 4-2-1 corolla extractors sitting in the corner almost ready for painting*

and i didnt pay anything for them.....just helped out a mate for a day. :thumbsup:

Ps. Thanks again teddy.

Let me see,

Second hand extractors bought for $20

Length of 2" truck engine pipe $0

Second hand muffler $20

Piece of 3" truck engine pipe for droopy tip $0

Complete exhaust system for $40 :thumbsup:

Only problem is that it went under the diff housing not over it.