43kw Is Not Enough

vagen

I have decided to go ahead and turbocharge my 3k I would like to see some more power. My plans are fairly simple build a steel box around the Weber 32/36 and force some nice cool air into it (lol).

I have a couple turbo's to chose from a T25 from an eclipse or an IHI from a 1.8 suby. I am leaning heavily toward the IHI since it is the smaller of the two and is clocked more or less correct. Intercooling will happen I have a nice 27x5.5x2.25 front mount that will be installed soon. I will be welding up a nice heavy box to mount the carby inside and it will have the BOV mounted on it. Fueling will probably be handled by a GM TBI fuel pump since they are rated to 20psi. and a 1:1 RRFPR will keep things 3psi above boost. My car fortunately came with electronic ignition and a dual vac can so I think I can get some boost retard (I'll have to test it to see). My drive train is all stock after this the trans is a K40 the diff an open and tiny japanese one with 3.9:1 gears.

My power goals are low but compared to stock configuration they are huge I'd like to see 52rwkw or 69 KW at the engine.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

we did but California ate all the Starlets and turned them into 3tc turbo drag cars On the east coast there are few older toyotas and no Starlets

I'll build this with parts I have laying around so it will be cheap (not low quality just low cost)

Edited by vagen

Look guys, just accept that Vagen can not get easy access to a 4/5k and help him with what he is trying to do, which is squeezing cheap power from a 3k.

Exactly right.

vagen you should be able to get those power figures out of your motor. There's race 3K's here making 130-140hp at the flywheel without turbos.

Are you asking a question here?

Doesn't matter if you aren't.

I doubt 3k's make 43kW, alot of blokes on Toymods dyno stock 4k's and only really seem to get around 23kW. :)

But I agree, your power figures are obtainable.

Good on ya.

Think he is letting people know what his plans are, and if you have something to point out, or recommend, he might like to hear your input

Turbo K is where its at :P

Great to see you've done some research!! :) Looks like you've got your head around things.

Either turbo isn't a bad chioce. Both have a few upgrades with the same flanges, T25 with heaps more because of bolt in nissan upgrades. Both are also a good size - I've had both a T25G and a TD04L on a 5k and they're both very responsive.

To use either again off the bat and stick with it, I would probably choose the suby turbo as it doesn't have a ceramic wheel which would let go over 15psi like a T25/T28. :P

Edited by Taz_Rx