July 20, 200917 yr comment_360198 Do we need to have any FWD corollas? No offence to the members that own FWD corollas but this site is basically aimed towards anything pre Ke70? So wouldn't it make scene to have a calender that suits the target audience? Report
July 20, 200917 yr Author comment_360215 I do think that there are enough AE8x's and AE9x's on this site. But I'm not too sure about the rest. Report
July 21, 200917 yr comment_360262 How about a mix of both layouts? First 6 months we could have the generation of Corolla's and the last of it could be of the states. I like how all of the FWD Rolla's are in the last 2 months as they are a little less popular on the site so they should fill up quite well. ---First Six Months--- Jan = KE1x Feb = KE2x Mar = KE3x/5x Apr = KE7/AE7x (and AE86) May = AE8/9x Jun = AE1x/ZZE ---Second Six Months--- Jul = Western Australia Aug = Victoria Sep = South Australia Oct = Tasmania Nov = NSW/ACT Dec = Queensland Seems like a good calendar filler to me. Edited July 21, 200917 yr by seabiscuit Report
July 21, 200917 yr comment_360266 Do we need to have any FWD corollas? No offence to the members that own FWD corollas but this site is basically aimed towards anything pre Ke70? So wouldn't it make scene to have a calender that suits the target audience? i do believe the target audience as you put it is rollaclub and not just a certain portion of it. On another note i sent one to my brother and his family who live in WA and they were impressed with the model variants and different styles incorporated into the calender JiP, i liked the setup of the last calender, with feature cars mixed in with the states(only with out the double of qld) but as you stated last time round it was a late addition :P Edited July 21, 200917 yr by MYSTIK Report
July 21, 200917 yr Author comment_360373 Spoke to my contacts this afternoon and looks to be fine at last years prices. :P On seabis's note, I'm not sold on mixing the modes like that. I feel that it may end up being cluttered. But anyway the decision is up to the members of rollaclub for they will be the ones buying the calendars. Report
July 23, 200917 yr comment_360865 That could be done too.I was planning on doing a poll for option 2 anyway. Take KE10/15/16 for example. I was hoping to have one main shot of one car then smaller shots around it showing diff angles and other models. The end result could end up looking like a brochure kinda. I like the idea of option 2 and then the poll By the way JiP your link in your siggie comes up as http://hhttp//www.rollaclub.com/board/?showtopic=32282= Report
July 29, 200917 yr comment_362116 I think a mix of the models is the best idea, perhaps spread them out a little more, ie. KE10 then KE15,16,17, then onto the KE30 series then KE50 etc. That would spread it out more. I think one car per month and put them up on here and people can vote for them. I am sure you will get at least one decent version of each car and some decent photography of it as well. If someone wants their car in the calendar they will go to that extra effort. I also doubt you will get many offers for the later model Corollas but I could be wrong. :D Report
July 29, 200917 yr comment_362132 regional is the way to go here. that way each member who is active in their own region can have their car in a group shot. each region should then be able to select a car in a poll as a feature car, fo its own month IE. JAN: group shot NSW FEB: selected NSW Poll Winning feature car MAR: QLD group Shot APR: Selected QLD poll winning feature car. etc etc etc Report
July 29, 200917 yr comment_362133 Cool idea! regional is the way to go here. that way each member who is active in their own region can have their car in a group shot. each region should then be able to select a car in a poll as a feature car, fo its own month IE. JAN: group shot NSW FEB: selected NSW Poll Winning feature car MAR: QLD group Shot APR: Selected QLD poll winning feature car. etc etc etc Report
July 29, 200917 yr comment_362134 Although I voted something similar with respect to Regional shots, the Model/Month idea also has its merits - as it is supposed to be a calendar to celebrate the club, and the car. Highlighting individuals' time, effort and money that have gone into some of these rides/projects, acknowledges the efforts and love that we have for these cars. It also might give us something to strive for, to have our own car in the calendar. Obviously, once you've been featured, its only fair to allow others the chance. Report
July 29, 200917 yr Author comment_362161 My main problem with last years was that even tho people were committed from other states, no one turned up to the events. I had to chase each state in their region to make sure something was planned. Even then it was a last minute dash to collect pictures of single cars to slot into the photo. Maybe next year we'll try it again, but for now it looks like the members have spoken. I do like the idea of one car per month while using the KE1x/KE2x/KE3x etc format but would still like to show the whole set in each month. Report
August 2, 200917 yr Author comment_363080 Well now that we know what the format will be we need to nominate what cars we want to vote for. I was thinking of this for the order… January…KE10/KE11/KE16/KE18 February…KE15/KE17 March…KE20/KE26 April…KE25 May…KE30/KE55e/KE36/KE38/KE50/KE55p June…KE35/KE55s July…KE70/AE71 Sedan/Wagon T-18 August…AE70 (Or which ever the coupe model is if we have any on rollaclub) September…AE80/AE82 Sedan/Liftback/Hatch AL25?? October…AE86 November…AE90/AE92 Sedan/Liftback/Hatch/Wagon December…AE92 GT-S if we have one on here?? Now in the areas where I’ve listed more than one of the same model (KE10/KE11), we’d only use one. But either could go there. Tho I do think it would be good to use both a 2 door sedan and a 4 door sedan if we have them available. If we agree start nominating... Edited August 4, 200917 yr by JiP Report
August 2, 200917 yr comment_363094 maybe we could just go the top 12 pictures, every one submits and votes anonymously, then we all get a suprise, make it fair with one car from each state, aslong as it is worthy, you could also do it like that with just a long skinny banner kind of picture with all the states rolla's, like tassies picture, your probably not following me but if you are then thats great Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now