Who's Involved In Motorsport

coln72

Jusr wondering who out their is involved in motorsport in any way apart from the few obvious ones. Could be actual competition, officialling, helping out etc.

To start you off.

Me

motorkahnas up to national level, club level autocrosses etc.

Rally official, including Australian Rally Championship (Subaru Safari in Tassie mainly) and Targa Tasmania. Also a few national, state and club rallies over the years here in Vic.

Thats about it for little old me.

So if you wish to add your experience to this post go for it. If not..........

Members dont see this ad

one of the best autocross tracks in australia and one of the top in south australia at my back door (15km away but still) .

Motorkhanas,

Khanacross,

the occasional autocross

oh and official in rallys.

here you can cheak our small calander of events we have down here...

http://seacsa.com/calendar/calendar.htm

I drive club level motorkhana, khanacross, autocross, and the odd sprint here and there. Club level touring road events.

I navigate tarmac rallies up to international level (Targa Tas). Well, I should probably say I've been entered to navigate up to international level, because my very first Targa (this year), we DNS due to unforseen circumstaces (if you were there, I was nav in the black Sherrin Hire Mini that went home morning of the Prologue). And if you were at Rally Tasmania I was nav in the yellow Sherrin Hire Mini that again DNS on the day of the Prologue... But I'll be there with bells on for Rally Burnie! Hopefully 3rd time lucky!

Edited by demuire

Wasn't there this year due to work not giving us the week off. Its very wishy washy who gets time off in the education system. Some get time off for pissy reasons but we were not able to get the time off for an international sporting event :thumbsup:

Remember the Sherin Hire guys from Targa a couple of years ago. Nice group of blokes. Ended up with the drivers hat, along with a few others.

I'm a member of NAMSC (North Australian Motor Sport Club) and I'm on extremely good terms with the Race Director (I keep the Rolla at his house).

I compete in the Rejex Rally (an annual motorkhana type event) and keep in touch with the guy who runs it (he got me the suspension for the Galant).