--------{Ke38 Wagon}---------

Oh-KE

Members dont see this ad

yeah i know haha just using standard KE parts other than the struts and steering arms...

apparently xt130 hubs are slightly smaller and would fit these struts but even then i don't think they are gonna work with these rims

yeah pretty much should have done this conversion before i bought wheels. I reckon 14x6 with the same offset would be about right.

Just can't bring myself to changing wheels anytime soon so the struts are for sale.. just going to get some new bushes up front and slightly firmer springs should be sweet with my standard struts.

Edit: would ae86 struts be any better suited?

Edited by Oh-KE

• 1 month later...

Well. Thought I better do some kind of update since my this beast got nominated for rolla of the year haha! *cough* vote for me

HAHA no seriously though I didnt expect that at all and cheers to anyone who nominated/voted/got mad love for this little 38. It has really inspired me to keep at it and someday hopefully I can be nominated and actually have a chance of winning! This car will not have an engine conversion or any big money spent on it unlike many others. I plan to keep it on historic rego which means it must keep its 4k and more or less everything standard. Rims are allowed as long as they are similar age to car (mine were built 1980) so thats all good. Plan on fitting my 28/36 DCD Weber under the stock air filter, do some engine work including a cam grind, maybe some head work etc. Then also would love to do a full respray in white at some stage in next couple of years.. For now though just enjoying it and doing a few things here and there.

I have finally finished my headlight upgrade with some new bulbs and fitted them all up. Wow, what an improvement! Can see so much better at night and the signs light up properly unlike my old lights which were pathetic to say the least.. but I never knew how bad they were till i got these! And the best part is it only cost me 55 bucks.

IMG_3138.jpg

These photos were from last weekend. Went for a cruise down to Middleton.

IMG_3137.jpg

IMG_3141.jpg

Cheers,

Chris

HAHA no seriously though I didnt expect that at all and cheers to anyone who nominated/voted/got mad love for this little 38.

No probs. :cool:

IMG_3137.jpg

Still looks very very cool Chris. Deserves the spot being in the running for RCOTY 2011. :y:

Josh :cool:

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Had some motivation to do a few things here and there over the last few weeks. Fixed interior light and replaced the door switch on the drivers door as the original one fell off! Also gave it a general clean up interior, exterior and engine bay.

Fitted a cover on my sub box and some 5mm spacers + longer wheel studs (from a sigma) on the rear. Also picked up another grill thanks to Ryan (lumina78ke55), which is in pretty good condition. It also had the centre badge with it which is pretty hard to find. The blue on the badge was messed up though so I soaked it in brake fluid and removed it, then repainted the 'C' and stars silver. Unsure if I should try and paint the rest blue again really. Looks pretty nice as it is!

Anyway heres some pics :)

IMG_3168.jpg

IMG_3170.jpg

IMG_3172.jpg

IMG_3173.jpg

IMG_3174.jpg

More updates soon hopefully,

Cheers :y:

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

dude ohhhh my lorddd !!! i am inlove with your wagon Chris, it has came along way from page 1..ive just pent a good hour reading all of this information about your amazing wagon. i have recently bought myself one I'm just wonderin where i would be able to get the sun visor, roof racks and the round mirrors from ? oh and btw my name is Kyle :y: i hope to get some pictures up of my wags tomorrow if the weather clears up and make a build forum but it wont be as good as yours as I'm abit low on cash ha :/ which is a bummer....i love the time and effort you have put into your ride...

so what are the specs your running in your wags now Chris ?

Cheers :y:

Kyle

Edited by KE30_RoLLa

Hey Kyle, glad you like the wagon! And also good to hear you bought yourself one. You will love it. Good luck and post lots of pics! :) I have been low on cash many times throughout this build. In fact I am low on cash right now too! It certainly does slow progress a bit but there is still a lot that can be done for not much money. It all takes time..

The mirrors were cheap. Could even be cheaper now as I found this link of them HERE on amazon for 10 bucks each. I got them for a bout 20 each i think. The Visor is a bit more expensive luckily mine came with it. It can be found HERE. As for the roof rack well that took me the longest out of any part so far to find. I checked the wreckers for a long time before i found this one. It was on a sigma wagon.

Specs.. well its nothing extreme really.. but this is what its got at the moment..

Motor & Driveline:

4k engine with a rebuilt 3k carby.

Brand new extractors and new 2" exhaust.

5 speed gearbox

Manual sedan diff

Suspension & Brakes:

Standard brakes

Rear reverse eye leaf springs, one extra leaf + suzuki sierra shocks

Front has 2" lowered aurora springs in standard struts

All steering components replaced

Wheels & Tyres:

14x7 offset 0 August Feróce rims

175/65 tires

Yokohama rear

Sumitomo front

Interior:

Sony head unit in glove box + Ipod touch

4" front + 6" rear Pioneer speakers

Alpine monoblock amp powering 8" jaycar sub

Garmin GPS

Hand made leather steering wheel cover

Black vinyl spray on door cards

Black/Grey seat covers

Exterior:

H4 Headlight upgrade

Chrome roof rack

Sun visor

Horn upgrade

Still some rough spots on body but I have replaced and painted:

Left and Right front 1/4 panels

Bonnet

Drivers Door

Front and rear bumper

Rear vents

Rear number plate light

+ more

Plans:

Fit 28/36 dcd Weber

Get slightly stiffer front springs

Replace front end bushes

Respray in white

possible ke30 bonnet

+ others

Probably forgotten heaps of stuff.. oh well. This is an on going project and will likely never be finished. But it's always rewarding working on your own ride. I have learnt a huge amount from this car. I wish I could take it off the road for a while and give it the attention it deserves, but at the moment I need to use it.

Cheers, :y:

Chris

well ive just bought myself those mirrors just then :D ahh felt so goood haha...so i am assuming that you pulled that 5speed out of your ke55 i think it was ? and with the lowerin part of the wagon how did you actually do that ? was it a big job ? and if its not too hard to ask Chris may you possibly shoot me some links for the things youve bought ?up to you of coarse :P and this wednesday I'm gunna buy the sunvisor and some oil and all that stuff....and what should i do for the carpet of the back of the seat and the boot ? :/ its a bit patchy/yuckness mouldy look aye..