What Car Would You Drive?

Felix

7shades, you crack me up dude. :cool: Just watch you don't spit a winner in the meantime.

I'd be happy with a manual and turbo conversion on my E32. Looking into Bilsteins atm.

The E34 based B10's with 12psi into an old SOHC 3.5L M30 made 360HP (440HP with a chip change). 0-100 in 5.2 secs. 13.2 sec quarter and 290+ km/h top speed. Quicker than the ferrari's of their time. :dance:

The later cars, although having awesome performance, just don't look as cool. Plus all the electronic driver aids remove the driver from the driving experience.

"Spit a winner"

Now there's a euphamism I haven't heard before.... Straight to the pool room with that one :lol:

Amen on the 'f@$kwit assist' Electrickery. Let ME drive the goddamn car ffs. I have an E21 323i in the build at the moment.... Now THERE'S a tail happy little bavarian if I've ever met one :D

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a question,

How many of you actually think you will be able to afford the cars you want to have, plus having kids and paying bills with one wage? (because your Wife is off having and caring for the baby)

House: *tick*

Kids (x2): *tick*

Turning my Pajero in for a new one because it's now 6 years old. : *tick*

18 months time (when it's out of lease) turning in my wifes Mk5 Golf for a Mk6 GTi : Should be getting the *tick*

Have three rally cars: *tick*

We're not all 18 years old with a part time job at maccas. :dance:

House: *tick*

Kids (x2): *tick*

Turning my Pajero in for a new one because it's now 6 years old. : *tick*

18 months time (when it's out of lease) turning in my wifes Mk5 Golf for a Mk6 GTi : Should be getting the *tick*

Have three rally cars: *tick*

We're not all 18 years old with a part time job at maccas. :dance:

I wasnt saying that everyone couldnt afford what they post, it was more just a bit of an observation about those who I know are under 20 or around that age and posting some pretty pricey cars or cars that would have to be imported/complied etc. with a fair bit of money spent on upkeep or parts if they break down. Not saying everyone is like that, but yeah, just curious as to the thought process.

Our house's majority share holder is Westpac bank,

We own all our cars (2 dailies, 1 weekended, 1 hillclimb car that I split down the middle with my old man, 1 smashed LC GTR that is a money making venture and a project ute)

but if something happened now and we ended up deciding to have kids, Id be rooted financially and wouldnt be able to afford the cars we have, let alone the purchase price and insurance on something fancy.

anyway, I'm ruining a hypothetical thread with my reality hey.

Why has no one mentioned a Kia people mover?

3 kids... check

Debt..... Zero. Pre-saved cash for everything except the near future purchase of a house.

House.... In the market atm.

Cars... Paid cash for the E32. Looking at spending another couple of G's on it to get where I want it. Suspension next, 1 grand on tyres. Turbo and manual conversion later down the track (missus rolls eyes). KE15 can wait til later for paint/rebuild, hopefully get it up and running and back on the road again in the next couple of weeks holidays.

Moderators pay.... :dance: We only do it for the love of our cars and the community.

Kia people mover.... :cool: WTF anyone would buy a Kia is beyond me, especially a new one. SFA resale value. You'd be better off buying a boring 10 yo commodore wagon and pissing the difference up against the wall.

7shades... I bags the copyright on T-shirts. A rustfree 6cyl E21 would make an awesome playtoy. If I found a decent one at a good price locally I'd snap it up in a flash.

Do I own my cars: Not telling you

Do I have a wife: Not telling you

Do I have kids: Not telling you

Do I have a house: Not telling you

Do I have an off-shore bank account: Not telling you

Do I grow my own vegetables to save money: Who cares

Lets hear from more people about what car they would theoretically like to have as a family truckster. Thats way more interesting.

Why has no one mentioned a Kia people mover?

Because the first ones have a Rover V6 that runs on wishful thinking and mechanics prayers. Whilst they may not cost much, they are _cheap_. The later Hyundai-powered ones are much better engine-wise, but even then they're still crap overall.

kids are (hopefully) a long way off for me but i have always like the territory turbos. even in stock form they are punchy enough but i'd get one of those flash tune ecus to get the most out of the motor.

and cost no option i'd get a VW Touareg R50. i know it's going to be shit off road and it looks like shit but there is something about a 5L V10 with 2 turbos that just makes me want one. oh, and it's a diesel to keep the greenies happy. :dance:

I'm in love with my E32. Such an amazing car to drive for its' age. Comfy and safe for the family, yet despite it's size amazingly agile and sporty when you get it alone. It's not super quick off the line, but certainly adequate once moving. The things geared for cruising at 200kays plus all day.

I was going to say an E38 740iL!

4 litres of engine

6 forward gears AND a clutch pedal

4 doors

Thanks for coming.

I completely agree. They're great cars, and very practical. But they're 5 litres. :cool:

I'd be happy with a manual and turbo conversion on my E32. Looking into Bilsteins atm.

The E34 based B10's with 12psi into an old SOHC 3.5L M30 made 360HP (440HP with a chip change). 0-100 in 5.2 secs. 13.2 sec quarter and 290+ km/h top speed. Quicker than the ferrari's of their time. :dance:

I have an E34 535i with a manual trans sitting in my driveway with a dent in the side of it that I'd be willing to sell to you... :lol:

I have an E34 535i with a manual trans sitting in my driveway with a dent in the side of it that I'd be willing to sell to you... :lol:

Pity. If you were in QLD I'd be extremely interested. :cool:

How'd you go selling your 530i? That'd be a nice family car. :dance:

Edited by Felix

Because the first ones have a Rover V6 that runs on wishful thinking and mechanics prayers. Whilst they may not cost much, they are _cheap_. The later Hyundai-powered ones are much better engine-wise, but even then they're still crap overall.

relax dude! it was a joke!

Id have to buy one with built in razor blades so I could off myself as I got in. :P