Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

20v Into Ae71.

Featured Replies

Yes but the bigger bore master cylinder will take more effort to move and not have to move as far to displace enough fluid, the smaller cylinder will be easier to move as it displaces less per given distance. Short answer is more feel I guess, as the stock size is a bit large a piston to use without a booster I'm guessing. Thats my rationale anyhow, Id like to hear Chris and Tonys input too.

 

Yip, spot on Matt, if you use larger cylinders it requires more effort to apply the same force to the brake pistons.

This is quite a common misconception when it comes to hydraulics, it's the same with hyd handbrakes as well, use a large cylinder and the hand brake will be like rock, use a smaller cylinder and you'll be able to apply more force.

The easiest way for me to explain it is: push some one with your hand, it won't hurt them, but poke them with your finger, they'll feel it more. f@$k hope that makes sense!!

We have been using this setup since 1990 and it really does supply a good feel with little effort.

 

I'll confirm exactly what size cylinders we use with Tony.

 

Yip they are 5/8 cylinders we use!!!

Edited by TRD ke70

  • Replies 933
  • Views 423.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Did anyone else pick the irony in this photo?  

  • hey mate, nice photos.   re: starter motor.   there is a auto electrician in wynnum that can rebuild your starter motor for a very reasonable price, brand new everything.   i got an alternator d

  • carbonboy
    carbonboy

    Wow, you've got all the fruit plus the bells & whistles, I love it too! :) Curiosity drives me to ask: With the GPS speedo, is there a possibility to program in a speed alert/chime into the system

Posted Images

Yip, spot on Matt, if you use larger cylinders it requires more effort to apply the same force to the brake pistons.

This is quite a common misconception when it comes to hydraulics, it's the same with hyd handbrakes as well, use a large cylinder and the hand brake will be like rock, use a smaller cylinder and you'll be able to apply more force.

The easiest way for me to explain it is: push some one with your hand, it won't hurt them, but poke them with your finger, they'll feel it more. f@$k hope that makes sense!!

We have been using this setup since 1990 and it really does supply a good feel with little effort.

 

I'll confirm exactly what size cylinders we use with Tony.

 

Yip they are 5/8 cylinders we use!!!

 

That cracked me up Scott, I see what you are saying, Mick told me it just gives him better pedal feel also, probably need that at 300k's tho :)

  • Author
damn looking good matty.

 

whats the sr-5 badge?

 

isnt that an ae86 thing? or hilux?

 

 

I bought used badge sets from the US of A. Both sets are overrated. I guess they have SR-5 badging on Corollas over there, or sprinters maybe I can't remember. I'm sure a US member can clarify if they happen to read this.

Wheel arches look good, nice job Mungi Mods.

  • Author
Wheel arches look good, nice job Mungi Mods.

 

 

He an artist, what can I say. Arches are solid and strong feeling too, so I don't think we have compromised any structure.

 

I'm considering my next purchase, either Rose jointed caster arms from TTT or upper 4 link arms that are adjustable, again from TTT. I'm not a fan of the angle the diff sits at and I want a crisper feeling wheel with a bit more feedback. Anyone have any opinion on what is more important, or should I just do both mods?

do the adjustable 4 link in the rear, allows tuning of the rear end

 

as for flares , its what i do.... I'm no egg-spurt but i try to do my best . secret is to do all flaring at the lowest suspension setting , i.e on the bumpstops as it means you should never have an issue

do the adjustable 4 link in the rear, allows tuning of the rear end

 

as for flares , its what i do.... I'm no egg-spurt but i try to do my best . secret is to do all flaring at the lowest suspension setting , i.e on the bumpstops as it means you should never have an issue

 

Do you think adjustable is really worth it?

 

I have heard people say both adj and non adj are good.

 

One of my mates is getting a few sets made up

you know you want to do both the tension rods and rear links Matt............

adjustable allows for diff angle change which affects rear grip and alo allows for correction of wheelbase when lowering the car as they move in an arc, lower moves the bottom mount back and pulls the pinion down

 

 

 

Good stuff Matt, I think your mate was a bit excited at the end of run 2 "oh 15.5" :yes:

 

Sounds bloody tuff recorded on camera, in person it would be music to the ears.

HAHA, forum name sez it all.

 

That scooby doo race looked hell close, how much more are you expecting from it as surely it has more.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.