Rotary Sound For 5k?

KNG_555

Hey guys, i recently just left the rotary scene as it's one big shit fight dealing with those engines!! And just bought a ke55 coupe with a 5k. So what i'm after is that lovable rotary idle in my 5k..hence with out the rotary engine!!! The car does currently have webber, with extractors/exhaust (2.5 inch i think...to big should be 2inch right?) and a little dump pipe. But no where near loud enough to have that rotary sound.

I did check on search on how to make 5k's sound like rotary's. But the information was limited, and kind of confused me. So if there is just a straight explantaion on what mods to be made, to get what i'm after that would be great! I did read that cams are a big helpful option...but don't really want to do that quite yet!!

Cheers

John

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hahah yeah thats what i'm after "fooling the community"...your gonna be thinking it's a rotar ;). I would put a actual rotary in it...but i hate dealing with them...learnt enough with one in my rx3!!

ok cool, so some big arse cams, lighten fly wheel should be my "to do list"

hahah yeah thats what i'm after "fooling the community"...your gonna be thinking it's a rotar ;). I would put a actual rotary in it...but i hate dealing with them...learnt enough with one in my rx3!!

ok cool, so some big arse cams, lighten fly wheel should be my "to do list"

Then when you take off from the lights and then engine doesnt make power until 4000rpm. Then after that it goes half as good as a BP or PP, so no one will be fooled when a standard car leaves you in its wake.

stock standard engine muffled really really well, spend all your money on a stereo, record a rotary taking off, and play it very loudly with the windows down everytime you take off from the traffic lights...

you do realise how painful your car will be to drive!! in all liklihood it will be SLOWER than 90% of cars in stock standard form that you find on the street, it will CHOMP the fuel, be a pig to drive and the police (if they are in their right mind) will defect you for something... anything... they will find something!

Either put a rotary in it and live with it or do some sensible modifications so your car actually runs nicely!

Robert.