Rotary Sound For 5k?

KNG_555

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oooh oooh oooh I know!!! (very excited here)

convert it to a electric car with massive torque electric motors, and engineer an audio setup to make it sound like a rotary while it is driving!!

with the way battery technology is at the moment you'd probably get similar range as a grumpy little rotary's fuel milage...

Robert.

Edited by rob83ke70

Raven was telling me a mate of his had a 5k with twin carbs (dellortoes?) and some other work and apparantly fooled a few cops into thinking it was a rotor.

Yeah that was Xany who has already posted up his vids :yes:

I think it sounds Rotorish ;)

thanks guys for the reasonable comments...80% comments have made me laugh. Sterio idea sounds good...hahah

Yeah man i'm just after slight "brap brap" idle. Wasnt like i wanted a 20b PP buzzing of its fukin brain....

cheers

John

p.s have to put my new car on here...but havnt had time to take photos!!

The Car in those vids is grover.... vvvv Sig for details....and no its not a Rotor....its definately a 5K, but apparently according to the cops it doesnt look or sound like a toyota engine. Go figure.

And you don't realise how many times i've been asked if its a rotor.....my standard response now is, "yeah mate....13B bridgy."

Edited by Xany

With the 3" droopy and race stickers all over my old KE20 club car, I used to be asked if it was a rotary all the time even without starting it ;)

Had one 5k that would rock the whole car at idle. That used to get some looks on a Saturday night sitting at the lights. Not many takers when they spotted that and the 225's under the rear of a KE35. Poeple actually thought the car was a Mazda. Funny thing was that it was running a stock cam!!!!!! but about as high as compression as you could go on pump fuel at the time (back in the leaded fuel days).

Thing is though, with a 5k, if you go any bigger than about a 280-285 degree cam (advertised duration) you are just making noise. You will kill off the bottom end and make SFA improvement in the top end compared to a milder cam. A motor with a milder cam will shit all over it at anything below 7 grand.

Really for anything over a 285 degree cam, you should fit oversized valves and get the head professionally ported by someone with the aid of a flow bench. The stock valve size is the biggest limitation to power, even with porting.

Cams over 285 degrees are race cams. You need a close ratio gearset to keep the motor in it's powerband between changes.

But anyway, I guess it comes down to what you want... Pose or performance.

Edited by Felix