Your Corolla

Teddy

Personnaly ive saved to buy a newer car, but after a while thats not what i want..... Id rather throw it all at a project rolla and be proud to drive it, even if i couldnt keep up with anything......

+ like one of the boys said - you could spend heaps on suspension, engine, accesories and if the car rusts to death or is injured then you just buy a new shell and switch it all over - the greatest thing about rollas! .....

my .02c

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the first time I saw a KE1x (Dougs car actually), I was a little... surprised? I wasn't quite sure what to think of it actually. It was really cool, and it was so small and all that, but it was so different to the "corolla" that I was used to. Didn't help that I was used to post-90's cars either, even my own 1981 Corolla seemed "old".

It didn't take long for me to warm up to the KE1x though, now I recon Dougs sprinter is one of the coolest cars out there, and everytime I see a KE1x around it's like "hey that's so cool" :)

I like the styling of KE2x's, especially what Toyota did with the TE27. I don't mind the KE3x, I only really like the 2 door sedans and the coupes really. Don't think much of the 4 door sedan at all. I don't really like what they did with the KE55, and have never really had anything for the KE70's or later (sorry Teddy).

I think generally I'm a big fan of the "old school muscle", which generally equates to dish wheels, flares, and stuff like that. Mustangs, old Celicas, things like that. Old Corollas are kinda like that, just... different.

Edited by demuire

I got myself a casual job about the end of the year (2002) when I was in year 11

at school, I had my motor bike licence and a motor bike sence may 2001, so when

I got the job I sold my bike ($2500) and got my first ke30 (old red) for about $700

and the rest of the money got me 15", stereo, lowerd, alarm and centrel locking.

having to much time on my hands, I did a custom boot install and dash, also

handy having a brother that works at car accessory installs in launceston/tas.

I guess that got me started.

dads a machanic and we have a nice beg shed at home with all the stuff you needed.

then I had alwase wanted a ke30 2door, then I heard about one that mite be for sale

around home, I sort of knew the guy and I ended up getting it for $700, it had a 2T

with a bit worked in it and had just been respraded (cops i think) but only a weeks

rego, it fluw comperd to the 4k. so having a weeks rego I put it in my red one and the

2door is sitting home on a trailer totaly gutted.

I seen a white ke30 4door in a car yard one day so i went in and had a look, it was the

neatest ke30 i had ever seen and so i wanted it. it was $2200 and was a one owner car,

every one said 'don't get another one' until they seen it, so I lined the old red one up to

sell with (bar the 2t and gearbox) and got it for $1700.

I don't think I will ever sell my 2 ke30.

beeing at the near end of doing a 2 year full time diploma course in fine funiture, I can't

wate to go out and get a full time job so I can start doing up the ke30 2door.

I would rather spend money on a ke30 rather then a nissan 180 or something.

I guess the ke30's are a realy good car, I love the things

For all the tremendously awesome cars (Porsches, Evos, etc etc) at Targa and other such events, one of my favourite is still:

PICT1827-vi.jpg

PICT1779-vi.jpg

It's such a shame that I don't like big ugly V8's, and that these cars never really handled very well from factory. The one in the above photos is a very well sorted car though, about $200K spent on it :) And gawd it's PHAT.

*edit* And hey look, it has no flares even!

Edited by demuire

I bought my Corolla because it was different.

I was geting tired of the gas guzzling v8/v6's I was used to and decided to go for a little hot hatch. I looked at alot of cars and almost bought the Focus ST170 untill I spotted the new Corolla sportivos in the showroom.

Took one for a drive and fell in love with it.

For 28,000 cash I got a corolla with full auto everything, all leather interior, good looks and IT WENT LIKE THE CLAPPERS!!!! and there wasnt too many on the roads.

Now days its a bit different there are more and more appearing on the streets. I think the word has gotten out about these little rockets :D

I love the fact that people think its a riced up corolla putting out 100kW ..................... then seeing it go down the drag strip in 14.XX sec (without a turbo) :)

Edited by Danthuyer

Danthuyer: They are pretty quick aren't they? We had a few of them at one of the driver training sessions, and they were easily as quick (if not faster) than the Skylines etc around the small autocross setup we had. Very nimble little things.

Danthuyer: They are pretty quick aren't they? We had a few of them at one of the driver training sessions, and they were easily as quick (if not faster) than the Skylines etc around the small autocross setup we had. Very nimble little things.

yup very quick little things :) the only thing that really does let them down is the amount of chassis twist. once you fix that though they are weapons on the track :D I have taken mine to mt cotton and gympie a few times and had a hell of alot of fun on the skidpans

I own my rolla because I love the shape, the drive and the handling. It's something a little different out on the road too.

The only time I think about owning something else is when I am struggling with getting custom parts made and spending lots of time chasing them down and knowing that ownership of something else would make life so much simpler. But when the job is done its all worth it and you never think about letting the rolla go.

I don't have my KE25 because it's cheap, I could own any number of other cars if I chose too, but they just don't appeal to me in the same way.

My previous rolla was a KE38 wagon, owned it for 5 years, it had a 2TG fitted and was a great car.

I have no plans to let go of my KE25, only plans to make it better :)

When i first looked at my GP turbo i thought "geez it need's some mags, stock just looks shyte". Took it for a test drive and i was hooked, it was the first turbo'd car i'd driven and with it being toyota, i knew it was gonna last.

4 years later and around $7k spent on it, i still enjoy driving it (even though i'm also doing up the datto 1200 ute). With the suspension and 17's make it ride beautiful on the highway with many trips Nth to the tablelands/Cairns and sth to brissy been had. And nothing like sounding the BOV off in peoples windows when they pick me at the lights, they soon back off, dunno why it ain't that fast!!!

Edited by Northen Rolla

Go back two years ago and if you had told me i would own a manual corolla, i would have laughed at you.

I wanted an automatic Commodore. Space, Pace and Grace. A nice one, like a VS.

But I am a poor student. I got my corolla by swapping it for a new computer. These are the reasons why I like my corolla

* Never breaks down, just so damn reliable

* Flog it so damn hard (flat to the floor everywhere) and it doesn't mind

* Haha RWD in the wet

* Starts first time every time

I will have a Commodore/Falcon on LPG soon. All hail 40c/L.

Things I don't like about the corolla

*SLOW

*Chews the fuel for how fast it isn't

*Ugly as shit (ke55)

*Dirty f@$kin Manual

*Ride is rougher than your mums hairy arsehole

I will say one thing though. The corolla has taught me how to drive like no other car.