Ae71 Show Car Converting To Drift Slut

niiko101

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

drifting is where its at atm, i see it now as more as a style to have your car, like grandma spec, JDM, drift spec sorta thing

And it's fun! No offence, but the older majority of members aren't young anymore.. that's probably a reason why they don't understand :2thumbs:

EDIT: Cool car! Good luck with the plans BRO

Edited by seabiscuit

I wasnt trying to bash drifters, i like it myself, what i was trying to get at is every ke70 owner lately is turning their car into a "drift slut" and i think that is all well and good but do you go and drift on a track somewhere as a legitimate sport or are you going all over the road in residential areas and the like endangering the lives of everyday people who don't appreciate that kind of behaviour? if this is being built for the track, i'm all for it! i don't see the need for a daily driver to be a "fully sick drifter" and then end up destroying private property and/or hurting the drivers who think because they have an awesome drift car they can drive like Keiichi Tsuchiya. this is what is ruining any kind of opportunities for the rest of us car enthusiasts to be able to get together and share our passions in public.

so as i said, it was not my intention to target Niiko101 directly, and I'm sorry if it came across like that. as for you "youngins" who think the olds don't get it. drifting has been around for alot longer than you think. Since before you were even a twinkle in your daddy's eye. we know what its all about, but we also have the common sense to know that such endeavours have a place where they belong, and that my friends is on the track.

ok, rant over.

i don't want this to take away from this build thread as i know it can be frustrating for the owner of the thread as well as the mods so lets just leave it at that.

I wasnt trying to bash drifters, i like it myself, what i was trying to get at is every ke70 owner lately is turning their car into a "drift slut" and i think that is all well and good but do you go and drift on a track somewhere as a legitimate sport or are you going all over the road in residential areas and the like endangering the lives of everyday people who don't appreciate that kind of behaviour? if this is being built for the track, i'm all for it! i don't see the need for a daily driver to be a "fully sick drifter" and then end up destroying private property and/or hurting the drivers who think because they have an awesome drift car they can drive like Keiichi Tsuchiya. this is what is ruining any kind of opportunities for the rest of us car enthusiasts to be able to get together and share our passions in public.

so as i said, it was not my intention to target Niiko101 directly, and I'm sorry if it came across like that. as for you "youngins" who think the olds don't get it. drifting has been around for alot longer than you think. Since before you were even a twinkle in your daddy's eye. we know what its all about, but we also have the common sense to know that such endeavours have a place where they belong, and that my friends is on the track.

ok, rant over.

i don't want this to take away from this build thread as i know it can be frustrating for the owner of the thread as well as the mods so lets just leave it at that.

hey nah its all good. um shes pretty much going to be my daily but also track car not going to be doing anything stupid on the street as there are some serious consequences to think about and i know drifting from the initial d times and have seem the movie over and over agen and yes back on the day around your time drifting and all other motor sports would have been the greatest but yes things are all good just creating her for personal track use and everyday car

hey nah its all good. um shes pretty much going to be my daily but also track car not going to be doing anything stupid on the street as there are some serious consequences to think about and i know drifting from the initial d times and have seem the movie over and over agen and yes back on the day around your time drifting and all other motor sports would have been the greatest but yes things are all good just creating her for personal track use and everyday car

no worries mate! as i said i wasn't having a dig at you, just a general statement. And just as a heads up, I'm not that old. I'm just 26!!

OK OK OK, where to start?

You can add more than one picture to a post, in fact its basically unlimited how many photos you can put in a post, there is no reason to make 15 replies to add 15 photos.

Also, what are you doing paying out on the older members here? Youre only here trying to learn all the stuff the older people have been onto for years. It goes full circle.

I think you will find the best drift cars at the highest level of drifting are set up more or less like circuit cars looking for grip. Most people when starting out do a bunch of cheap tricks to get their underpowered old corollas sliding. Crack the tyre pressures right up, over stiffen everything in the suspension, stretch narrow rubber over wide wheels. All of which hampers your actual ability to steer and handle a car with precision. Don't get too caught up with fitting into a scene, just drive the damn car, and do mods that you have developed a need for, not just what everyone else does.

If I bought this car, Id just get rid of the purple from the interior, put on normal bumpers, lights and grill, some nice 15s and then put good suspension into it, maybe even raise it an inch. That would get the suspension actually working. You should do some googling and reading about suspension ideas such as droop, rebound, compression, camber, caster, and toe.

This is how you do a 20 valve cooling system.

post-2885-1256946384_thumb.jpg

If I were you Id rework it as although this system you have used makes the best replication of the toyota fwd cooling system, its dog ugly and for the benefit you would get from keeping the cooling completely original, its just not worth it. You can simplify it down to just 4 hose clamps.

Edited by LittleRedSpirit