Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

1970 Vw Type 3 Fastback

Featured Replies

Me 3. I was looking at a Type 3 fastback myself a couple of weeks ago.

 

6021717_973ec9cd07.jpg

 

The thing I like about the VW crowd is that they don't seem to be constrained to 2 looks like the corolla community does (ie, granny and jap spec).

Edited by Felix

  • Replies 79
  • Views 132.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Author
Sweet Fasty. You're a dub head now. Get on Melburg Luft. Those boys will give you any hook up you need on it.

 

Paint looks good in that pic.

 

I reckon slam it (so easy on those things), flapper it, eyelids (ClassicVW in Sydney are cheap), then start VW accessorising it. There is so much stuff you can get for them. OG accessories are the way to go. I would even try to get an oldskool roof rack but thats just me so I could chuck some of my old metal eskies up there for cruisin. :jamie:

 

Paint is OK, but is heavily cracked in areas.

 

 

needs to be a squareback troy!!!!

 

Although i have much love for squarebacks, I love the fastback and have always wanted one over the square!

 

that thing is awesome, loads of potential there, congrats ;)

more pics :wink:

 

with the sale of your 20, did you keep some of your cool parts with intent to build another? (please say yes)

 

Nope 20 stuff mostly gone, nothing special left ;)

She shall be sorely missed.

 

squarebacks own all!

 

This looks pretty tidy Troy. I saw it advertised for sale a little while ago

 

I myself have an early VW Beetle which will hopefully be ready to do some (lots) cruising this summer. Shit's gonna be looww

 

Dubs are ftw

 

I got him down a fair way on his price!

 

Much cooler car (even as it is) then the ke20, or in fact any ke20.

 

Satin black it, polished cookie cutters, lower, an Iron Cross and a FUKENGRUVEN sticker on the back window.

 

Its a much different car than the KE20, i have so much love for my 20 that i think its the coolest thing in the world, but this beast could prove to be amazing soon too.

 

Me too ;)

 

Troy do this..

 

67sbco.jpg

 

Thats the plan Ben, flappers this weekend then drop her down! Although probably wont be super super low, just enough to look good.

67sbco.jpg

 

BAM !!!! That's what I'm talking about.

how good is type3selecta/busselecta - could spend hours on there!!

how good is type3selecta/busselecta - could spend hours on there!!

 

So much fun........ I have indeed spent hours playing with them.

 

There's also a Karmann Ghia version and a Porsche version which even has a 914 included. The original BugSelecta is the best fun though. Also there is a Valiant version, an Audi version and a Honda version. Annnnnnd................... there is this one which is all sorts of cars Modify My Ride

 

Anyhow thats a bit off topic. Looking forward to next weeks pics of this low and flappered.

Bah since we are gonna do this slightly off topic-ness (sorry Troy)..... I see your type3 Notch and I've got the seeds to put a 4 after it biatches.........

 

230775.jpg

 

But if you're gonna go a Notch..... and believe me I am a Notch lover also having almost bought one a few months back myself......... let's go Hoodride Notch homes......

 

p8020029zm8.jpg

If you're gonna Ride..... HoodRide !!!

  • Author

Heres a couple more pictures guys

 

Spent a bit of time yesterday just putting on the walls and started to lower it. I need some smaller tyres! I couldn't lower front more than two splines as it rubs pretty hard with 195's (if you have a look at pther dubs low they all have high offset wheels at the front so they don't rub). Back got dropped two splines as well but will go one more once i have smaller tyres.

 

IMG_0074.jpg

IMG_0061.jpg

IMG_0054.jpg

These things are awesome. I forgive you that it's not a toyota. I would love to own a volky fastback one day. Looks like you've already started to make it look freakin sweet so definitely bring it on a cruise one day. You have great taste in cars Troy!

Sweet!

 

Needs more 165

  • Author

She will be out for a few cruises soon enough!

 

I'm thinking some 175/60 possibly Ben? I can't have any stretch because I'm running the flappers and they wont sit flush.

after seeing your 20 i can't wait to see how this car turns out!

 

I say leave the tyres/height, they fill the guards nicely, looks good and isnt too low. Smaller tyre=lower height-more rear camber and more unwanted attention

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.