Ke25 Turbo Coupe

KETURBO25

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the fat c**t wouldnt budge, i got it for 5000, paid too much, but looking back now I'm still glad i got it.

When Queen20v was looking at it in the yard he wouldnt budge from 6500, so you managed to knock him back a fair bit.

I guess if you factor in the cost to prep and paint the car, fit the aftermarket diff and setup the 7K-T in the car, complete with turbo bits and pieces, you'd be looking at close to 5g's anyway.

Shortening the diff alone would be 1200-1500.

How the dash pad? If its cracked and you need one, let me know, as I'm importing them in from Japan.

He PM'd me this yesterday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcNxDG98W_M

Draw-through weber setup.

.....oh and couldn't agree more on the wheels! :)

thanks for putting the link up m8, i also agree about the wheels, if anyone can hook me up with some deep dish mags i would really appreciate it, thanks again for your support guys.

Hey guys, it seems that a lot of people know about this car, some of you out there seem to know more about it then i do!

For those of you who don't know, i bought this car with a blown head gasket thinking that we could just put the head back

on without coming into any problems, unfortunatlly this wasnt the case, we pulled the head off and sure enough, the bores

were still full of water and apparently it had been sitting like that for over 8 months! So to my disgust, i found that all the

bores were completlly rusted and it had pitted quite badly, so basiclly the brand new motor that was put in it is completly

f@$ked, so now i need a 5K block so i can go ahead with the rebuild.

Pete. :)

Edited by KETURBO25

You could always get the bores machined oversize and then fit sleeves to bring it back to the stock bore size, that way you wont need to find another block. :S

definate good idea, call API engines at lonsdale, ask for frank, and pick his brain on what your options are.

hes a good bloke and knows his shit.

just guessin here, but i rekon fixing your block will be cheaper, easier and quicker than sourceing another 7k and having to build it again anyway.

cheers, scott

:)

LEGAL ?

think about what your talking about, its a 5KT ke25 dosent matter whats stamped on the block.

u could have an RB30 turbo in there, its all the same to the :no2:

just take it easy on the streets :y: , street racers get no cred and no love from the boys in blue these days :P

i look forward to seeing it all finished, it will be a sweet cruiser.

cheers, scott

Today i finally got around to taking the motor out of my car which was pretty easy

(okay not thay easy but ive done worse!) Trouble is i did it by myself which kinda sucked

but i got there. :no2:

So i thought id put some pics up for you guys to look at, the 7k engine is going to a friend

but he will only be getting the bare block, everything else is going on the new 5k which I'm

waiting to get back from the rebuilders to put into the car for the first time.

Its all happening! So excited :P

Hopefully now the :) Will leave me alone. lol

post-6898-1258182491_thumb.jpg