wagn

Members dont see this ad
  • 3 weeks later...

Update time!

I got a rear half of a ke20 off lukeae71 for the donor quarter panel almost finished unstitching it then the car will go to have it put on hopefully in 2 weeks then it will be painting time.

100_1482.jpg

Also got a 45 weber and manifold off jono1986

100_1477.jpg

have a rebuild kit and inspection cap and wing nut on the way to give it a rebuild starting to clean up all the casting marks on the inside of the manifold.

The throats were pretty dirty gave them a quick clean up but will clean it properly when i take it apart

100_1474.jpg

100_1481.jpg

100_1478.jpg

i also have a set of extractors on the way too.This will all be going onto another 4k that i will be rebuilding putting in a cam and some headwork.

image0024l.jpg

Edited by wagn

Got my extractors yesterday wire wheeled them and ground back some of the welds near the bolt holes so the nuts can sit flat not sure weather to heat wrap them or not was reading it can make them crack easy?Anyone made a heat shield seems pretty tight.

100_1488.jpg

Ok, thats fair enough. Ive been learning metallurgy for 6 years now. Crystalize and crack metal?? No. Metal doesnt crystalize. Ok, some things do. Under enormous pressure and heat, dependant upon the metal. If you are talking about your cast maniflod/ secondaries, don't be too concerned. Gaaaahhhh, I'm too tired to be going too intelectual. Ish. Just do it!!! Please let me know if anyone has any problems with what i have said.

Edited by ae824ate

not sure weather to heat wrap them or not

If you are willing to fork out the dough, get them "jet hot" ceramic coated. It will drop the engine bay temperature a shitload.

Edited by Doogs

Ok, thats fair enough. Ive been learning metallurgy for 6 years now. Crystalize and crack metal?? No. Metal doesnt crystalize. Ok, some things do. Under enormous pressure and heat, dependant upon the metal. If you are talking about your cast maniflod/ secondaries, don't be too concerned. Gaaaahhhh, I'm too tired to be going too intelectual. Ish. Just do it!!! Please let me know if anyone has any problems with what i have said.

I mentioned it in Evan's thread. Like I said there I never seen it myself I only been told about it.

Its something to do with the heat cycles the metal goes through getting super hot and then cooling every time you drive it.

+1 for HPC coating..... if you can afford it!

• 1 month later...

Small update got my kp61 trd 2way lsd diff center so i have to see if it will fit

100_1492.jpg

Also got some new slotted rotors and qfm hpx pads

100_1493.jpg

100_1495.jpg

Qtr panel just needs to be fitted so i can paint,got some new window rubbers too pick em up saturday.

• 4 weeks later...
any updates on this thing mate?

Not really still waiting to get the new quarter welded on so i can paint been fitting some bushes and stuffing around with some small things the trd 2way i got for it doesn't fit so i sold it thats about it really

paid for these today tho should be here in about 6 weeks

38125_1547966700828_1284874887_31526233_1762217_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Nice rim choice mate! I also have a set and can't wait to see them painted up and fitted on my car. Width/offset?

Yeah they are my favorite rim they are 13x6 +10 and 13x7 +10

The car is finally going to get the new quarter welded in the end of the week that means i can paint finally and not much else to do for rego just a few bits and pieces.

I got a coilover kit the other day and some alloy wheel nuts as well if anyone has a spare pair of ke20/25 struts I'm keen to buy them as i want to keep a stock set just incase

coils.jpg

nuts.jpg

• 2 weeks later...