Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ae71 Corolla - Mr Hanky

Featured Replies

Really hope this goes to a good home.. If you could get RHD cars rego'd here in Norway I'd put down a deposit two weeks ago myself :)

  • Replies 70
  • Views 73.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i guess this is a bit late to say now its sold but it looks like a really nice ride, i dig the colour too. :)

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

The toymods boys wanted a photo of the new owner for some reason... so being the good bloke I am I try to deliver.... shame the sun hadn't come up when she came to collect Mr Hanky this morning!

 

IMG_3551.JPG

 

If you live out Rowville way you might see Mr Hanky on the streets!

 

Farewell Mr Hanky, you were awesomely brown.

  • Author

Yes it went with the wheels. They suited it really well and I will probably regret selling them when something else lands in the driveway lol. Just like I regret selling each of my toys hahaha.

 

If any one wants to ask a "ambitious" price for a car, I can highly recommend carsales. Sold it at the $3200 I wanted for it just like that - partly helped by the fact that she wanted a brown square old car (weird!!).

 

I made $40 profit on Mr Hanky.. not quite what I was hoping but oh well.. makes my labour rate about $0.30 an hour :P

So after purchase of $950 and sale at $3200 you only made $40??

 

How so??

 

And automatic AE71's selling at $3200, what is the world coming to :P

  • Author

Just like this:

 

Purchase price - $950

Rear King springs - $50

Rear spring freight - $8.80

Steering wheel - $120

Steering wheel freight - $12.76

RWC for rego - $110

Tyres - $320

Rego costs - $682

Temp Reg permit 1 - $71.60

Temp Reg permit 2 - $55

Steam Cleaner Hire - $40

Wheels - $250

Tail lights - $140

Vacuum lines and door lock - $10

Steering Rack Boot - $8

Lock recoding - $38.60

Windscreen and fitting - $170

Gearbox cross member - $10

RWC for sale - $110

Wiper rubbers and pedal rubbers - $10

 

I believe the sun and the moon aligned on the sale of this car - the girl wanted a brown square car with a brown interior. Mr Hanky fitted the bill perfectly. All the other enquiries would have haggled it down. But a car with 11 months rego, very straight, new tyres, etc, is going to be worth a little more than what the AE86DC boys want to pay!

Congrats with the sale, couldn't have worked out better for you.

 

Holly bat hell though! you paid $140 for an AE71 steering wheel and $140 for taillights!!!

  • Author

Suede "drift style" steering wheel with boss kit for $140 was actually cheap. Could have left the old standard one on it and made another $140, but it was not worth .

 

As was the pair of brand new tail lights.. when everyone wanted $50 each for decent second hand ones that weren't decent, and didn't have decent bulb holders!

Oh fair enough, steering wheel was good price.

 

I had a pair of overrated (and actually overrated) KE70 taillights I sold for $40 a few months back.

  • 11 months later...
  • Author

Oh Mr Hanky what has become of you... nearly 12 months on Dave showed me this photo last night.. he tracked her down a few months back and this is what he found....

 

100120111747.jpg

 

I don't know whether to laugh or cry! Poor Mr Hanky has become Mr Hippy....

When he showed it to me I couldn't stop laughing for 10 minutes solid.

note to self: never sell any car i like to a girl.

Hahaha ive seen this in an estate in rowville... f@$k JDM thats HDM as f@$k :P... They are also pretty cool wheels, you shouldve kept them though imo... Ahhh well you can't always stop shit like this from happening when you sell a car, just remember it could be worse....

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.