165hp N/a 3k!

KE30Coupe

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phew, thanks for waking me up from that delusion Teddy. I was beginning to think that torque and horsepower actually did something. EVERYONE knows that street cred is what makes cars truly fast. Add stickers, t-bar wings, body kit, and neons and you will go fast. Avoid the engine bay, as engine mods may slow your car down. :P

Oops, thanks Ratty! Actually I've got a mate with a LC Torana coupe with a pretty sweet 202. The car is quite quick, but as it's his road car (as well as circuit racer), he decided to install a stereo system. Strathfield had a sale which included a $500 package including speakers, headunit, amp, and you guessed it, subwoofer. So now he has a 12-inch sub taking up his boot, and there have been many comments about how much quicker it makes his car go around Hidden Valley! Of course, he deserves every comment, as this is someone who has often sung the praises of the weight-saving abilities of rust!!! :P

His dad had already put in cam, extractors & exhaust, overbored the motor, and whacked on triple SU's from when he used to race it. Personally I would have spent the $500 on tidying the bodywork up and fixing some of the rust. Instead they've now just put in some new carpets to cover it up. Unfortunately the exterior still needs a lot of work.

Side Draft Webers (DCOE40 or similar) and a good torquey cam like a 25/65 with heaps of lift or a 70/30

Should give you about 110-120+ Horsepower at your engine :P

nice....got twin dcoe 40 but the cam...emmmm

this setup is with engine? 3k,4k or 5k? estimate torque???