Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ke30 Rotorolla

Featured Replies

  • Replies 227
  • Views 189k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

looking good. how do you find x-treme rotaries?

  • Author
looking good. how do you find x-treme rotaries?

 

One word, Awesome. Rohan is a top bloke and has explained everything in detail before he has done any of the work. He has some pretty impressive machinery in his workshop. He named a fair price at the beggining as a worst case scenario, and he has stuck to that price. Pretty amazing these days with the big name Rotary shops out there that always have people whinging that they got bled dry.

He kept all the damaged parts to show me why he had to replace them. I even got to keep my old end plates....unfortunately i really wanted the housings to make a clock out of, but they found their way into the metal bin.

 

The latest as of today, is he will rebuild my IDA with the right jets, venturis and emulsion tubes etc to suit. So they will be ordered Monday and it should be on the engine dyno to perfect it mid week.

I dropped in today to drop off my ignitors and IDA. Heres some pics of the block. Its almost a shame to put it in an engine bay and get it dirty:P

 

post-336-1276935721_thumb.jpg

post-336-1276935747_thumb.jpg

post-336-1276935769_thumb.jpg

Edited by kangaroosa

ey mate i can't believe i have only just seen this thread now as I'm really keen to rotarise my ke55... Just wondered could u have got the car engineered with a 13b or did u have to go 12a? Also is the reason u didnt go Bridgeport first up cause of the emissions test required for engineeres? Let me know, thanks... Ill have to keep an eye out for this car!

 

Also how much did the coilovers set u back? Are they made for corolla or did u modify to make another set fit?

Edited by DDeano

  • Author
ey mate i can't believe i have only just seen this thread now as I'm really keen to rotarise my ke55... Just wondered could u have got the car engineered with a 13b or did u have to go 12a? Also is the reason u didnt go Bridgeport first up cause of the emissions test required for engineeres? Let me know, thanks... Ill have to keep an eye out for this car!

 

Also how much did the coilovers set u back? Are they made for corolla or did u modify to make another set fit?

 

The engineer knocked me back on the 13B, so a 12A was the next best option. Having said that, i was contacted by a bloke in Albury I think. His engineer has said a 13B will be fine.....maybe because its in a KE3* wagon.

 

Yeah I had troubles getting an EP through emissions testing. So I used a stock one to save dramas in that respect.

 

Coilovers set me back $500 at Pedders to have the struts cut down and spring perch removed, coilover kit supplied and welded on, springs supplied and top hat modified. That was trade price though. The original quote was $1100.

I had to buy shocks and the Corona struts in the first place, so it would have been an extra $200 or so.

The FAQ explains the Corona strut and Landcruiser Brake upgrade.

Nice work mate. I wanna see a vid when the engine is running sweet.

 

Rota's are just so cool. If only they didn't use so much fuel.

  • Author
Nice work mate. I wanna see a vid when the engine is running sweet.

 

Rota's are just so cool. If only they didn't use so much fuel.

My stock one isnt that bad on juice. Around town I get 270km from 40ish Litres.

On the Freeway just cruising, I can get at least 400km from a 40L tank.

 

Its bad compared to some piston motors, but I don't have an issue with it. You don't own a Rotary if you care about these things.

that looks awesome man.

love rotas and lovin the flames they shot when rich :jamie:

Coilovers set me back $500 at Pedders to have the struts cut down and spring perch removed, coilover kit supplied and welded on, springs supplied and top hat modified. That was trade price though. The original quote was $1100.

I had to buy shocks and the Corona struts in the first place, so it would have been an extra $200 or so.

The FAQ explains the Corona strut and Landcruiser Brake upgrade.

 

Did you supply them with any parts or anything at that price? or did you just bring the car in and they supplied and fitted all the bits needed? sorry its probably a stupid question but I'm still learning alot about these cars. Also are the coilovers fully adjustable? height etc? How low can they go? Thanks...

Edited by DDeano

  • Author
Did you supply them with any parts or anything at that price? or did you just bring the car in and they supplied and fitted all the bits needed? sorry its probably a stupid question but I'm still learning alot about these cars. Also are the coilovers fully adjustable? height etc? How low can they go? Thanks...

 

I supplied the Complete Struts straight out of a Corona, the KE30 Strut Tops and some new KYB SV21 Shocks so they could cut down the strut to suit. I only supplied those parts and not the car. The work was done in 2 days from when i dropped the parts off.

The average joe would not get that price though. I only got it at that price because one of the Frankston blokes had it done, so I did a bit of name dropping and the bloke finally caved in.

 

I'm still using the Pedders supplied springs as they are a nice ride. They are well and truely captive, as i had to use spring compressors to get it all bolted up. They are height adjustable, and have about 25mm of adjustment to make it lower and about 50mm upwards adjustment from where it sits now.

 

I have had 7 or 8KG Lovells springs in it which were only just captive at the lowest setting. It was way too firm for the road, and it also wasnt a legal height.

Sounds awesome about the shop mate. One question. If your running 13b housing's and plates? How are you going to tell a cop it's actually a 12a? Won't you have 13b engine number aswell as stamped onto the housing's?

 

And wodonga actually :jamie: right next to albury. Wodonga is still in Vic. Albury is nsw. And I called Vic roads to find out the weight and the ke36 weight is 900kg here in Vic. In act it was 860kg for one. So with mine I could go 13b n/a at best or a 12a turbo at best. And I'm taking the 12at route :jamie:

That would be awesome :yes: but I still got a year and 2 weeks till I get my license back :D

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.