Ke30 Rotorolla

kangaroosa

Sounds awesome about the shop mate. One question. If your running 13b housing's and plates? How are you going to tell a cop it's actually a 12a? Won't you have 13b engine number aswell as stamped onto the housing's?

And wodonga actually :yes: right next to albury. Wodonga is still in Vic. Albury is nsw. And I called Vic roads to find out the weight and the ke36 weight is 900kg here in Vic. In act it was 860kg for one. So with mine I could go 13b n/a at best or a 12a turbo at best. And I'm taking the 12at route :D

The housings have been machined down to 12A width. The 13B has been machined off and a 12A CNC milled into that spot. The engine number is stamped into the front plate. That has been machined off and my engine number that is engineered to my car has been stamped in.

I couldnt be bothered looking through the list of PM's to get the right facts. I guess i'm showing my ignorance again on the Albury v's Wodonga issue aswell.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The housings have been machined down to 12A width. The 13B has been machined off and a 12A CNC milled into that spot. The engine number is stamped into the front plate. That has been machined off and my engine number that is engineered to my car has been stamped in.

I couldnt be bothered looking through the list of PM's to get the right facts. I guess i'm showing my ignorance again on the Albury v's Wodonga issue aswell.

pretty dodgy but if you had a 13b could you machine the 13b off and get 12a milled in and they would think it was a 12a but its actually a 13b :yes: what u rekon? would that work...

Unless they decided to measure the engine. A 13b is 20mm longer. Also a ke55 is heavier then a ke30. Call up Vic roads and ask for your tare weight. And then times the weight by 4 for an n/a engine or 2.75 for forced induction and that's the sizeof engine you can have :yes: but remember a rotary needs to be times by 2 to get it's displacement.

So in my case 900x4=3,600cc. 13b=1308x2=2,616cc

or for turbo 900x2.75=2,475cc. 12a=1166x2=2,332cc

Also I don't care about the albury/wodonga stuff lol. Just saying. And I wouldn't of bothered going through the pm's either haha. Just thought I'd say so that they can see I'm still Vic like yourself.

Edited by wpn36

This was last weekends little effort. It was my first time spraying 2-pack, and was way to cold to be spraying, full stop. It was either that weekend or not at all, so I bit the bullet and did it.

As expected the paint wasn't tacking off fast enough and I grew impatient, so I kept layering it on. Some areas eventually fried and theres a few runs, which arent even visible unless your really looking. Once the engine is back in and all the other related stuff, the runs will be hidden.

All in all, i'm pretty happy with how it turned out considering. Its got some nice shine and its one colour, and it kinda matches the rest of the car.

Before

post-336-1277886666_thumb.jpg

After

post-336-1277886703_thumb.jpg

If you heat the areas with a heat gun and then spray it, it works a treat :laff:

You obviously don't know how impatient I am. :wink: I thought about that, but it was about 10deg in my shed and I would have been there forever heating and painting.

I thought about grabbing a jet heater from work, but i really coulnt be bothered. I just wanted it one colour...

Its all hardened now and looks pretty schmik.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

How do you find the VN V8 Master cylinder as I will be running the same brake setup but i will be using Nissan R32 Calipers.

Just want to ask a few questions like

Are the brakes spongy or firm ?

Is the pedal travel (before they Activate) long or short ?

Just want to ask someone with a similar set up as i am also looking at the VT master as it has a 1 1/4 inch bore.

Thanks, keep up the great work.

Hi there,

How do you find the VN V8 Master cylinder as I will be running the same brake setup but i will be using Nissan R32 Calipers.

Just want to ask a few questions like

Are the brakes spongy or firm ?

Is the pedal travel (before they Activate) long or short ?

Just want to ask someone with a similar set up as i am also looking at the VT master as it has a 1 1/4 inch bore.

Thanks, keep up the great work.

The pedal is very firm with minimal travel (from first stepping on it, to the point where its depressed as far as it will go......whilst not bottoming out). I have brakes from the very first mm of travel.

They are a bit firmer than I normally like, but they bite like nothing i have ever owned so its something i've learned to live with.

• 2 weeks later...

As off two weeks ago, it was as it was in the pics. The right internals for the IDA had turned up, but still hadnt been fitted.

I got bumped out of the Dyno Queue for a few race motors that had to be done for race meetings.

The Pre Jamboree rush has hit him, and is flat out. So I guess i can realistically expect a call in late August or early September.

Although the car is engineless in the shed, I'm not too worried. He was good enough to slot me in at such short notice. Its just a shame it didnt get on the dyno before the big rush. Afterall, regular clients with racecars will always get preference over a single engine build.......which is quite understandable.

Maybe. I gave him the engine to start working on, under the assumption that it was going to happen over a few months. He said he was flat out, but he would slot it in somewhere. So that was fine by me as i was in no rush for it.

As it turns out, the engine was built within the first 2 weeks......but it was my choice to leave it there and have the IDA tuned to suit that motor. He was also going to do the initial run in of the engine.

I'm still in no rush for it to be honest. I have been working 6 days a week and have just finished laying carpet for 13hrs today as a second job......so working on cars is one of the last things i wish to do right about now.

It will happen when its meant to happen. I also havent paid a cent for it yet.

Edited by kangaroosa