Greenmacs Other Ke!!

greenmac80

Members dont see this ad

cheers guys! loving the way its looking atm.

tonight i retrimmed and installed my parcel shelf from the 55. looks awesome its made out of 15mm mdf as well.

also finally hooked up the last 2 wires for central locking. works great. and installed the underglove box tray.

little things like this every night are making me a happy chappy. lol

future plans are:

new door handles.

electric windows

alarm

turantula splits for the rear with the tweeter flush mounted into the pillar trims.

thats about it atm. see how we go!

when i get my new phone i'll take piccies of the parcel shelf

cheers, Luc

Retrimming looks really good mate, well done. :P

Just a couple of things on your future plans:

I used to live above a business called Car Accessory Installs (for like 7 years) so I've learn a bit about stereos and other bits and pieces in that time.

One of the demo cars for the business is an RA40 celica which has had the electric window conversion done in it. I remember one of the guys who did its saying to me when I suggested them for my mazda "If you had of done the celicas windows you WOULD NOT suggest that again. The celica was such a bitch to do that I never want to have to do elec windows in a car ever again." And that was from a guy who installs this sort of stuff every day.

They were using one of those univeral winder kits.

Also as for your rear speakers, splits aren't really neccesary as they're only really a "fill". A set of 2/3 way components are all you really need as you've got a decent set of splits for the front stage. Plus they would be a whole lot easier to fit as you don't need to stuff around with mounting tweeters in the C pillars or somewhere else.

And (not sure if you've got amps already) the money you would save in the price difference between splits and components would be a lot better spent going towards an amp to drive the splits (or all 4x speakers) which would give you a much nicer all round sound.

.... but hey what would I know. I'm only a audio visual technician/salesman. :)

much appreciated taz. i've been toying with the thought of jst getting some soundstream coax speakers for the rear. will make it easier.

i've disussed with some people in know and yeah they all said the same thing.

i have a 2x 150wrms amp on the way for my splits. will be more than enough for them.

i will more than likely jst use the current 2ch i have to drive the rear unless the sound will be good enough with the HU driving the rear.

i'm happy with the sound but it does need 'balancing' a bit. i need somethin in the rear.

as for the windows i'm a very persistant sorta guy and i know someone who has done em in a ke30/55 before so this will make i a whole lot easier. i guess these sorta things really depend on the car. cnetral locking is easy on the front doors but hard on the rear.

a 1990 mx-5 is damn near impossible to do central locking.

jst some random piccies.

had another wheel alignment to find i was toeing in jst over 8mm!!! and thats only over a week.

so i redid it and it drives much smoother again.

big thanks goes out to pedders suspension at morphett vale.

Image0001.jpg

Image0002.jpg

and my rear shelf.

Image0003.jpg

Damn Luc! For a cheaper quick version of what the green beast will be I'm still drooling over this! Great to know all the experiences and trials you've been through in the last couple of years have left you with all this awesome skill!

thanks heaps phil! the green one will be much mcuh better.

oh ke i have no idea what width or offset but they do look good. the guy that owns the car hasn't got any clue either.

they were on the car when he bought it.

ok so small update.

fitted the bonnet and quarter chrome trims.

Image0018.jpg

got this in the mail today..

looking for another one this one will just run my fronts. so i'll need something for the rears.

Image0019.jpg

also put this on... not everyones cup of tea but i like it. also the rear soundstream one is getting taken off.

Image0020.jpg