Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Johno's *new* Ae82 Sedan Project

Featured Replies

Hey everyone :y:

 

I bought my second corolla, a white 1988 Ae82 Sedan.

 

As most of you know I have a Brown Ae82 seca that was going to get rebuild but after pulling the whole thing apart and trying to paint it, I ran into some bad luck with the weather and Non self motivation. After moving house, I left it to rust up in the hills. I recently brought it down to where I live but after looking at it for about 2 months I have decided that I can't remember how to put it back together :yes:

 

I have a heap of spare parts and some goodies to put in the new corolla like AE94 brakes, 4age conversion, twincam shockers, rear disk brakes, 7" screen, mags, extractors, 2" exhaust, exedy clutch and much more so the plan is to do all this and be done with it hopfully :y:

 

Vehicle condition.. Poor :hmm:

 

Dash, windsreen, front indercators, headlight and l/h mirror are all cracked, bonnet and quater panel slight dent ,stained seats, rust, blown head gaskit, blows lots o smoke and faded paint work and a free spider nest :dance:

 

post-5444-1263716243_thumb.jpg

 

post-5444-1263715508_thumb.jpg

 

 

 

post-5444-1263715661_thumb.jpg

 

post-5444-1263715736_thumb.jpg

 

post-5444-1263715779_thumb.jpg

 

post-5444-1263715842_thumb.jpg

 

post-5444-1263715927_thumb.jpg

Edited by Johno

  • Replies 140
  • Views 113.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good stuff man I'm glade to see you got yourself another car/project. I know exactly how you felt back when you looked at all the bits lying there iv been there done that. I have a new rule for myslef and that is only do one thing at a time. So if its changing wheels then thats all i do. Its seemed to work for me and that way the motivation stays high. Good luck with this new project will be keeping an eye on it.

 

Sam

Edited by dopedx

  • Author
Sweet. Good to see your back at it.

 

Oh and is that a spider?

Thanks mate,

Yeh, thats a huntsman in the door frame with a nest of little spiders.. Yummy :dance:

 

Good stuff man I'm glade to see you got yourself another car/project. I know exactly how you felt back when you looked at all the bits lying there iv been there done that. I have a new rule for myslef and that is only do one thing at a time. So if its changing wheels then thats all i do. Its seemed to work for me and that way the motivation stays high. Good luck with this new project will be keeping an eye on it.

 

Sam

 

thanks mate, thats the plan. I have all the parts with me on hand and a little bit of knowlege now so one thing at a time.

Edited by Johno

  • Author

Just after I bought the car I started detailing it, got new hubcaps for it, gave it a polish and cleaned the interior.

The bonnet, quater panel, headlights, parkerlights and bumper are all damaged so I'm going to swap my front end over from the Seca. I prefer the series 1 front end more anyway so it all makes sence.

 

Plans for this car:

 

Series 1 front end change

4age engine

Twincam dash cluster

2" exhaust with genie extractors

Exedy heavy duty clutch

7" Touch screen

15" Mags

CSX seats

Disk brake rear end

4 bolt front struts

Nice Johno :dance:

 

Go the sedan dude!

Put a series one front end on it hehe

 

If there is ANYTHING you need to know about these, let me know haha

 

Moe

If I'd have seen that last pic in the car I'd be lookin for another car. Those things freak me out. LOL

Great to hear Johno ! Be good to see this take shape.

  • Author

Thanks guys, hopfully this time i wont drag it out too long like the other 40page thread.. lol.

I should have stopped on page 15 with the seca but at least i learnt now not to do everything at once.

This should be cool, congratulations on your purchase. She should come up real good with all that gear you have lying around :dance:

 

Good luck mate

So whats the first thing your doing to it dude?

 

The rust I see in one of your photos around the bottom of the fuel filler is quite common in sedans too dude!

 

Have you had the rear bar off yet? When you do, have a good look below the fuel filler where the bumper usually covers...

 

When I removed mine, it looked like termites had a big farkin' party down there :dance:

 

Still can't wait to see what this turns out like :y: So happy there is another sedan on the go haha

OH, and I am doing some to my rear ganish...

 

But in order to do so, I have to start with a fresh one (well, two, haha need two to do what I have planned), so I have a gloss black painted one that I wont be needing anymore :dance:

 

Want it? lol

  • Author
OH, and I am doing some to my rear ganish...

 

But in order to do so, I have to start with a fresh one (well, two, haha need two to do what I have planned), so I have a gloss black painted one that I wont be needing anymore :D

 

Want it? lol

PM sent..

  • Author

Ok so work has started on the sedan..

 

1. Bought myself a buffer and gave the whole car a good cut and polish..

2. Cleaned up the wheels and tires

3. Touched up all the stone chips on the body with paint

4. Put on the new hubbys.. fully sick 13" caps

5. Pulled the boot apart, rust treated it, filled it, sanded it and painted it

6. Ordered new carpet for the boot

 

BEFORE AND AFTER pics, gotta love it! :D

 

 

post-5444-1263895370_thumb.jpg

 

post-5444-1263895326_thumb.jpg

 

post-5444-1263895427_thumb.jpg

 

post-5444-1263895454_thumb.jpg

 

post-5444-1263895523_thumb.jpg

 

post-5444-1263895546_thumb.jpg

Edited by Johno

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.