March 2, 201016 yr comment_418326 farking awesome man! now i don't know if this was covered but how come this enthusiasm couldn't have been put into the seca? Report
March 2, 201016 yr comment_418348 Mate this is looking awesome! Can't wait to see this on a cruise. I think these wheels suit this sedan even more than they did the old hatch :blinks: Report
March 2, 201016 yr comment_418385 fantastic work mate! seems like you're really getting the hang of things :blinks: Report
March 5, 201016 yr Author comment_419239 Thanks for the comments guys. I guess i had big plans for the seca and doing it all at once got a bit too much for me to handle, One thing at a time now, haha! Well just a small update for now, getting everything ready to start the 4age this weekend, been to repco and bought new fuel lines, vac lines, fuel filter thermostat, coolant, heater hoses, radiator hose, clips and clamps. Went to Toyota dealer and got me a fuel pump bolt, going back to the wreckers tomorroew to get a few more things, Accelorator cable, better window wiper arms (maybe of a nissan pulsar or something to stop the bonnet from hitting them) a few other things but can't remember right now (pretty wasted) hey its friday night, well sat morning.. Lol Hopefully if all goes well i might be able to start this tomorrow :P Report
March 8, 201016 yr Author comment_419801 The long (wet) weekend is over and I still can't start the car :D Just a few problems.. Tried to get it all running but the weather has been shit house so very limited time when it was not raining, it went pitch black at 2pm on Saturday and got a massive storm and still raining on an off now. 1. I have everything ready to fire the engine up for the first time but the rear flexible fuel line bolt is a f#$king bitch to get off and I have tried everything and its fully seized on so need to buy a new line. 2. One of the brake lines i bought has the hard line bolt still stuck in it and that wont come off either. 3. I have only found two twinky's at about 6 different wreckers and one of the wreckers just got rid of their twinky so only 1 left and I still need a Stock Airbox, Vac sensor and a Twinky Accelerator cable.. (Ae92 ones don't fit :D ) I can't find that stuff anywhere :bash: I modified the rear loom and put fuel pump wires in. The engine kicks over but just needs the fuel line. Report
March 8, 201016 yr comment_419806 Love the progress rate good sir! I like your photochop with the exhaust hanging out :D . You going to go through with the tinted lights? Makes it look quite a bit sexier if you do :bash: The long (wet) weekend is over and I still can't start the car :( Tell me about it! Long weekend ruined a lot for me too. Don't ask :D Report
March 8, 201016 yr Author comment_419840 Love the progress rate good sir! I like your photochop with the exhaust hanging out :D . You going to go through with the tinted lights?Makes it look quite a bit sexier if you do :( Tell me about it! Long weekend ruined a lot for me too. Don't ask :bash: Thanks mate :) Yeah i will be tinting them but not yet, the indercators are faded atm so i guess for the RWC I might have to buy new taillights. Its also got broken front seatbelt, cracked windscreen and a few other unroadworthy things.. :D Edited March 8, 201016 yr by Johno Report
March 9, 201016 yr Author comment_420115 Well, its been a freeking long time to say this... :drumroll: Engine is running! Part One - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8GrHdpVnA8 Part Two - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hi1O9K-2tG0 A massive thank you goes out to my mate Dave and also to everyone on rollaclub that gave me heaps of advice on everything to get this going :D Report
March 9, 201016 yr comment_420216 DUDE! it sounds like a bucket but IT RUNS! its all up hill from here. Congratulations! :D Edited March 9, 201016 yr by 200Boy Report
March 11, 201016 yr Author comment_420522 DUDE! it sounds like a bucket but IT RUNS! its all up hill from here. Congratulations! :no2: Haha, yeah it has no exhaust on it yet.. All I have to do now is bleed the brake's, put the interior and front end back together and take it for a test drive.. oh and put the exhaust back on.. Lol Report
March 12, 201016 yr Author comment_420910 Little update, The engine idle was hunting so did a search and found it's air in the cooling system, All fixed now. Alternator was whining like a supercharger but had a flat battery, replaced battery. All good now Tried to fit the 4ac exhaust but the cat wont line up to the 4age exhaust, going to get it welded up this week :) Bled the brakes and clutch, still needs to be done again with a bleed kit but its working pretty good Took it for a small test drive and back, umm loud.. VERY LOUD!! lol. Got a unreg permit and drove it home, Every single head turned when driving home.. :) Just think.. No bumper, grill or bonnet and loud as all hell :D The engine rev's fine when in neutral but under load it wont go over 2,600rpm and no power up hills. I'm hopping its the exhaust and no back pressure :jamie: Report
March 13, 201016 yr Author comment_421078 f@$k it, f@$k it all. :jamie: I'm frustrated and everything i do seems to be wrong, Exhaust is the biggest thing that is pissing me off right now. Nothing bolts up Oil filter that repco gave me is wrong. Engine's head gasket could be blown... ARHHHH!!!!! Going to drink my frustration away.. Report
March 15, 201016 yr Author comment_421590 Everything is running a bit smoother now.. Stock exhaust is in, engine revs fine, milky oil has gone away and misfiring has gone :lolcry: I totally forgot all about the TVIS and only reved to about 3,500prm for the first 10mins of the drive home. Thinking to myself, "wonder how well it really goes?" Took off at the lights and as soon as it hit 4200rpm i was outa there.. :lolcry: Stress levels are down ALOT now, but i'm still in the dog house for ignoring my gf for the last two weeks, so i have to make up for it somehow. Maybe i could take her for a drive and wash and wax the car, she did say she wants to spend time with me >| The alternator noise is still there so I'll have to look into that another day. There is some scraping noise when going slow speeds so i think that is the new disks hitting the rotor guard on the inside Overall I'm pretty stoked now :lolcry: Report
March 15, 201016 yr comment_421790 Stress levels are down ALOT now, but i'm still in the dog house for ignoring my gf for the last two weeks, so i have to make up for it somehow. Maybe i could take her for a drive and wash and wax the car, she did say she wants to spend time with me >| no no you get her to wash and wax the car while you take photos :lolcry: Overall I'm pretty stoked now :lolcry: GOOD! :lolcry: Report
March 16, 201016 yr Author comment_421960 I tried to get her to wash it but I got a book thrown at me instead.. oh well >| Little sneak peak of where its up to.. I'm trying to keep it as stock as possible for the roadworthy so I want the 13" wheels back on but they don't fit on now because of the bigger brakes :lolcry: I really need to lower it but the new springs i got are a bit too low for the roady i think, stock airbox is in, stock exhaust is in, bumper on (just needs to be painted) Need to sort out the heater fan wiring, 4ac heater wont mix with the 4age loom :lolcry: I'm thinking about taking off the side strips? What do you think? Edit: Oops, forgot to upload the pic.. :lolcry: Edited March 16, 201016 yr by Johno Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now