Johno's *new* Ae82 Sedan Project

Johno

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Started working on the front end of the seca so its ready to transfer over to the sedan. The bonnet has not had any attention to it for over a year and there was only 1 coat of etch prime on it so it was starting to rust up again.

Here's a list of things i been doing in the last week

1. Washed the car down

2. Sanded it back

3. Touched up the bare metal spots with etch primer

4. Sprayed couple coats of 2pack undercoat

5. Sprayed black paint (guide coat)

6. Block sanded

7. Filled with stop putty

8. Touch up spray with etch prime where i sanded back to bare metal

9. Undercoated bonet with 2 pack

10. Guide coat again

11. Filled again

12. Touch up with undercoat

Pics

post-5444-1264486342_thumb.jpg

post-5444-1264486318_thumb.jpg

post-5444-1264486362_thumb.jpg

post-5444-1264486400_thumb.jpg

You can see just how many dents

were on the bonet after i block sanded it

post-5444-1264486421_thumb.jpg

post-5444-1264486471_thumb.jpg

post-5444-1264486446_thumb.jpg

Edited by Johno

hey johno, new car is looking good. are you still going to use the ae92 front bumper? i thought it looked super cool on your old brown car.

Thanks bud :hmm:

I probably wont put it on. It was a little tricky to fit on and I want to keep this looking stock rock for now, maybe a sleeper :D

Thanks, its pretty easy to do. You just need some rust converter, body filler, primer (white primer would be better) and a can of colour coded paint. Body code is AA, colour is called "Peak White" and the Power Plus spray can code is "PK 2110" for the 350g can. :D

Edited by Johno

Today i painted the 2 pack Gloss on the front end.

both quarter panels are finished but the bonet has only got 1 coat on, Wind, dust, lint and bugs were a huge problem.

I was amazed to find that 600 grit sandpaper was too rough, i had to rub it all down with 1000grit before applying the last coat on the quaters.

There is still a bit of crap on the paint but its pretty good concidering I didn't use a spray booth :D

post-5444-1264570730_thumb.jpg

post-5444-1264570772_thumb.jpg

post-5444-1264570795_thumb.jpg

post-5444-1264570906_thumb.jpg

My finished panels in the sun to bake

post-5444-1264571127_thumb.jpg

Edited by Johno

I wasn't happy with the finished guard's so I gave them another coat this arvo and they came up awesome :D

Not a single little dent anywhere, just shows how much 1 years worth of prep can do I guess.. :D

and by one years worth of prep you mean that you prepped them a year ago and only now got around to painting them :jamie:

good to see you back on the wagon again Johno :D

Want a free trip to Adelaide man? in return you can spray my car some :D

Sad to see you gave up on the seca after all the effort you went to. Still I guess at least you were smart and got another ae82 to replace it. Will be good to follow the progress on this one also. Just remember to 'keep it simple stupid' :jamie:

and by one years worth of prep you mean that you prepped them a year ago and only now got around to painting them :jamie:

good to see you back on the wagon again Johno :D

Umm.... yeah thats about right :D

I'm not actually working on the seca, just painting the front end to transfer over to the sedan but seeing how good the fronts coming up I might still do the rest of the car. Its all still up in the air atm.

Want a free trip to Adelaide man? in return you can spray my car some :D

Sad to see you gave up on the seca after all the effort you went to. Still I guess at least you were smart and got another ae82 to replace it. Will be good to follow the progress on this one also. Just remember to 'keep it simple stupid' :D

Yeah, that sounds like a fair trade.. :D

Thanks mate, simple the way i like it right now, nothing too big (just yet.. :) )

Looking good Johno ! I would love to repaint a car in 2pac one day for the durability/gloss off the gun.

(Just need the safety gear).

Yeah, umm... saftey gear. About that, I sort of didn't have any and I kinda got poisoned and had massive headache and nearly had a seizure so no more painting till I get a mask :(

Thanks to everyone for the great support. :)

I'm getting hopefully dropping the motor off to the mechanics tomorrow to get new stuff on it.

BTW, are GATES timing belts any good??