February 1, 201016 yr comment_410017 Alright been looking over and couldnt find anything on this..... I'm aiming on dropping my ke26 around 3-4 inchs... i have cut springs in the front end of my ke70 and it sucks ass.... my question is there any sleeve kits getting around that would fit ke20 struts or will i have to convert to ke70???? any help would be awsome :) Report
February 1, 201016 yr comment_410036 Alright been looking over and couldnt find anything on this..... I'm aiming on dropping my ke26 around 3-4 inchs... i have cut springs in the front end of my ke70 and it sucks ass.... my question is there any sleeve kits getting around that would fit ke20 struts or will i have to convert to ke70???? any help would be awsome :) Base your decision about which size of strut to use around availability of dampers. If you are going coilovers and therefore most likely a stiffer spring, you will want some better dampers for sure. Most people with coilovers in ke70s have used a 2 inch strut like ae86 or t18 to make coilovers. Id use rt132 corona struts if I was making coilovers now because they are 2 inch struts and will fit a variety of shocks if cut to certain lengths. Also they have a larger stub axle and bearing than corolla equipment. May as well get some ke30 axles into the diff and do the 114.3 stud pattern conversion as well. Report
February 1, 201016 yr comment_410047 ke20 struts are 2 inch shorter than 70 strutsw there is a COILOVER SLEEVE ETC AVAILABLE BUT AS MATT SAID FINDING SHOCKS COULD BE A PROBLEM REAR JUST GET THEM ,EYES INVERTED AND RESET MINE COST $235 WITH AN EXTRA LEAF FITTED Report
February 2, 201016 yr Author comment_410308 alright cheers for that.... the only problem is that i want to saty ke20 struts because everthing is brand new...calipers, discs etc etc.... ill look into the sleeves and see what shocks are avalible... if worst comes to worst ill have to convert to ke70/corona gear.... and with the rear i will more than likely do the same as you mungi mods :jamie: Report
February 2, 201016 yr comment_410568 ke20 struts are 2 inch shorter than 70 strutswthere is a COILOVER SLEEVE ETC AVAILABLE BUT AS MATT SAID FINDING SHOCKS COULD BE A PROBLEM REAR JUST GET THEM ,EYES INVERTED AND RESET MINE COST $235 WITH AN EXTRA LEAF FITTED how much lower with eyes inverted was it? Report
February 3, 201016 yr comment_410579 depends if you have the small front eye or large front eye on the main leaf, and then you can get a full inverted eye or a half if you wanted too although a half inverted eye can be a bit of work on the leaf pack sometimes and therefore not so common - usually used if a full inverted eye fouls on the carrier / chassis during suspension travel... with both eyes inverted fully: large eye = 2 inch approx small eye = 1 1/2 inch approx check you can invert the eyes without it fouling on the carrier / chassis during suspension travel and you definately have to cut down one of the bolts that fouls on the leaf after inverting - its a simple 5 min job though for each side. thats all i seem to remember about it... Report
February 16, 201016 yr comment_414302 send me a pm - I will have to talk to the other half first, but I have a set of ke20 coilover kits fitted to ke20 struts, dropped at least 3 inches from standard height which are no good to me at all. I need standard struts to go back in it in order to take these ones out (the vehicle needs to be rolling). Robert. Report
March 1, 201016 yr comment_417797 how much lower with eyes inverted was it? LOW I have this car now and I'm sitting pretty hella flush look up penny the twenny in the rides section and you should find pics of the lowness But they can always make them a bit higher if you want Report
March 1, 201016 yr comment_417811 I'm doing a coilover conversion on my 20 currently. When I have done it I will post pics and specs of parts I used :hmm: Report
March 1, 201016 yr comment_418030 I'm doing a coilover conversion on my 20 currently. When I have done it I will post pics and specs of parts I used :blinks: CHEERS! you doing big brakes at the same time? Report
March 1, 201016 yr comment_418069 CHEERS! you doing big brakes at the same time? I am only going KE70 brakes on the front in the beginning to get the 4 x 114.3 stud pattern. Later I plan on doing something similar to what Sharpie's are running on their KE25 IPRA car. I want to run 13's and the brake package they run is running a 13" wheel so it should suit me to a tee. At the moment with 3K and 2 speed I don't think I need a big brake upgrade :blinks: Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now