Muv12A - 1972 Ke25 12Abp - Small Update 10.7.11

muv-12a

G'day!

I've been checking out this forum for a long while so thought I had better join and introduce myself!!

My name is Michael and I've had my little KE25 for about 14 years now - some of you may know me from TOYMODS or AUSROTARY.

It took me around 6 years to get it road worthy the first time - only to have it broken into and stripped for all the good parts.

Another 2 years later and more money saw it back on the road with new interior.

About 2 years after that, I blew the engine and gearbox at Eastern Creek and the car was off the road again for another year!!

New engine and new gearbox was installed only to finally blow the standard diff up!! (surprise surprise!!)

Was back on the road for nearly 1 year with no issues ( still can't believe that! ) and went down to Wakefield for a few open track days.

The little Corolla has been really enjoyable with its current combination!

About 2 years ago I got married and last year was blessed with a little boy so the project was put in the garage and rego ran out!

With the wifes permission, I've started saving for next round of mods which will include a roll cage, revised suspension and fuel injection!!

I know a lot of enthusiasts on here love the Corolla/Mazda combination so I hope I can help with any advice/tech info!

Updates to come but attack plan is to have it back on the road by the end of the year.

Cheers,

Michael

Specs;

- Toyota Corolla 1972 KE25

- Mazda 12A Bridgeport race prepared and built by Mike Mortimer of Rotorsport

- 48mm IDA Weber, Carter Gold Fuel Pump, Holley Fuel Regulator

- Twin 2" Headers with 2 resonators to the diff, 3" over to custom rear muffler

- RX7 S3 Radiator Custom 4core, Twin 10" Davis Craig Thermo Fans

- Mazda RX7 S3 Electronic Ignition/MSD Blaster Coils/10mm Leads, Battery Re-located to boot

- Serck Remote Oil Cooler

- Billet Steel Lightened Flywheel

- Solid Center Button Clutch, Heavy Duty Pressure Plate

- W55 Supra 5 Speed, Short Shifter, Dellow Bellhousing

- Custom Tailshaft, Tailshaft Safety Loop

- Shortened Hilux Diff - 4.56 LSD, Ford 9" axles built by Keysborough Diffs in Melbourne

- Front Brakes - Audi DBA slotted/vented discs, Holden Girlock Calipers, EBC Red Pads

- Rear Brakes - Standard Holden Commodore Disc/Drum Assy, EBC Red Pads

- KB Laser Brake Master, Remote Booster, Mazda RX7 Clutch Master

- Monroe Gas Shocks Front and Rear

- Front Whiteline Springs

- Front 22mm Custom Selby Swaybar

- Techno Tuning Front Adjustable Radius Rods

- Noltec Adjustable Strut Tops

- Strut Brace

- Polished B45 Simmons and Bridgestone Potenza RE55 Semi Slicks

- All original interior (except for Roll Cage!) and Autometer Gauges

VIDEOS -

IMGP1634.jpg

IMGP1643.jpg

IMGP1618.jpg

_MG_9821.jpg

_MG_0056.jpg

IMGP1748_resize.jpg

Edited by muv-12a

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very interested in this car. I found pictures on the web about 18 months ago and then could get no information. Good that you have finally started to enjoy and further modify it.

I am very interested in your front brake setup? I would love to come and have a look in person if possible? Where are you located PM only if you want?

Congrats once again

I'm guessing the "Holden Girlock Calipers" would be the big steel ones off a kingswood.

I used to have a set of them on the front of my RX4 and they weren't too bad. No where near as good as the S4/5 RX7 4 pots I have now though.

I've got an IDA fed 13bbp aswell and want to convert to EFI soonish. Are you just going to get and IDA style throttle body and keep the same manifold aswell?

Cheers for the comments guys!!

I believe the calipers were from a VN Commodore - was nearly 10 years ago since the conversion was done!!!

Mr Enforcer Engineering did the work - some of you may remember he had an insane Green KE20 Corolla with a 12A Turbo...

The Rotors are DBA444SL/SR and only measure 240 x 20mm - decent improvement over the standard rotors though!

I opted for this arrangement as I wanted to run 13" Steel Mazda 323 rims to keep a sleeper look but still have upgraded brakes.

The remote brake booster helped the most - as you know there isnt much room on the firewall when you run a hydraulic clutch setup.

Now that I have 15" Simmons I could fit larger brakes but I'm pretty content with how it pulls up on the track.

If money permits I'll look into fitting some WRX/Nissan 4pots with bigger rotors.

This is an early pic of the brakes when i tried some EBC Green Pads (no good for the track!!)

IMGP0033.jpg

I've got an IDA fed 13bbp aswell and want to convert to EFI soonish. Are you just going to get and IDA style throttle body and keep the same manifold aswell?

Yeah thats the plan - i'll just use the Injection Perfection IDA style throtle body with either Microtech or Motec ECU.

Motec's M2R is very reasonable priced and has a huge amount of advantages - i need to do more research though.

Is she making a return to wakefield?

Thats the plan!!! Too much time and money has been put into this thing to let it sit in the garage!!!!

this is awesome my friend kim has seen this on AUSROTARY fantastic car.

i am doing a 12a conversion on my ke10 soon, have all the parts and car stripped down i just need enthusiasm.

just curious how you mounted the engine? i have a rx7 crossmember shortened down with ke10 crossmember fittings welded on but i am abit suss about mounting the 12a fron the sides.

i see you have the mounting plate on the front and looks like it is mounted on the sides though?

could you post some more pics of bay aswell?

any help appreciated

cheers

jason b

Edited by bmxsexmonkey

Cheers for the comments!

I actually remember using a RX4 Crossmember and extending it to reach to each side of the chassis.

Like most rotary conversions, I cut the original 3k engine mounts off and welded them to chassis rails.

I have seen some fancy ways of mounting rotaries in corolla's but Relatively easy to do this way.