Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tie Rod/tube/ke70/ke3x/5x Faq

Featured Replies

let me ask here without starting a new thread.

 

for a ke30.

 

use xt130 struts

xt130 steering arms

ke30 top hats

ke30 springs

 

i can use the brakes off the xt130?

 

cheers

  • Replies 53
  • Views 215.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • camerondownunder88
    camerondownunder88

    Flip clamp 180 degrees bolt wont be near pitman arm and will still get correct clamping force.   Or get a GOOD band clamp any direction it is put on will clamp it jsut get a good one done up TIGHT.

  • altezzaclub
    altezzaclub

    There is no good news in this area...  The layshaft needle bearings are a Toyota product it seems, I have never been able to find any for sale anywhere.  This means you cannot rebuild a K series gearb

  • My KE30 is not going off the road, unless it's cancer gets so bad, I have to bury it.  As for gearbox issues, there is a very simple solution, that I envisage accomplishing. Simply leave the gear

Posted Images

If you're using XT130 struts you will need to use the XT130 brakes (they are larger anyway).

 

I'm not sure that a KE30 spring will work... You may need to get custom springs made, or even better just convert to coilover.

 

Use KE30 tops, and XT130 arms will work but they are quite long, meaning you might not get as much lock as you'd like. It is possible to use AE86 ps arms (shorter) but then you will run into minor fouling issues.

how do u make them coilovers?!

hmmm do they make them for ke30 struts or is it a xt130 item?

 

where to find!?

Hi,

Felt this thread was lacking mmm KE1X info..LOL

 

KE1X tie rods have 2 thread types. Course and fine.

 

Course thread is M12X1.5

 

Fine thread is M12X1.25

 

Length of a KE1X tie rod is 138mm long.

 

Hope this helps those KE1X owners

 

Cheers

Cameron

  • 3 weeks later...

ottomoto is the best price for a weld on steel coilover kit. $300 with springs and hats etc...

  • 2 months later...

A question for the peeps, I have 2 pairs of xt130 lca's one set has steering arm things on it and the other doesn't, I'm getting t18 struts with kyb short strokes, now, what steering arm set up do I use, because I think using just the t18 struts you have to change the steering arms, but using them with the xt130 steering things, would it have to change again? Sorry if sounds confusing. XD oh I have a 84 ke70 wagon"

A question for the peeps, I have 2 pairs of xt130 lca's one set has steering arm things on it and the other doesn't, I'm getting t18 struts with kyb short strokes, now, what steering arm set up do I use, because I think using just the t18 struts you have to change the steering arms, but using them with the xt130 steering things, would it have to change again? Sorry if sounds confusing. XD oh I have a 84 ke70 wagon"

T-18 struts will fit the corona steering arms.

But you might have clearance issues with the springs and the wheels.

Okay so now I have acquired non power steering ae86 steering arms, along with my xt130 lca's, and I also flogged xt130 tie rod tube things, these are atleast 15mm longer then the ke30? Ones that where suggested, should I still use the ra40 tie rod end? And what would be the best strut to get? Coz I could have gotten a full xt130 strut including the brake caliper, hub and stuff for like $100 for one, I thought that was a bit pricey so I left it. And I did t know if the brakes would work( I mean fit ) with the wheels I have on, which are 13x7's: but yeah, best strut to get? And also where to get them in Adelaide? I don't know which import places are good and stuff. Any help is much appreciated, cheers Hayden.

  • 2 months later...

This troubleshooting guide gives general mechanical diagnostic guidelines. Use the following general guidelines for diagnosing electrical problems

mechanical engineering of parts made by processes other than turning, casting, forging, .General mechanical engineering of parts (made by ...This troubleshooting guide gives general mechanical diagnostic guidelines. Use the following general guidelines for diagnosing electrical problems

 

I am a bell end. I like to take it up the batty, yes I do. It feel really nice and is me favorite.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.