Tally's Jdm Ke25 Build Up Round 2

Tally

haha yea I'm most likely painting it white

paint stripped the door and started metal finishing it tonight, shouldn't take too long to repair and get it in hifill.

Then ready to block the car down, can't wait.

Was also thinking today about when I get to the mechanical side of things.

I'm just gonna keep the 4K stock but with a nice exhaust system while I gather parts for an engine conversion later on.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ok so today did a lot of work.

Finished off repairing the passenger door and got it in primer/hi-fill.

And started blocking down the car getting it nice and smooth. This is the time where I can get the shape and lines of the car perfect and fix any places ive missed etc etc so ill be spending a bit of time getting it right.

Aim now is to have it ready for paint next Friday, see what happens. Thinking White with Red interior Frank KE10 styles ;)

4456606501_e1417be34b.jpg4456606505_f80228f775.jpg

4456606495_63804c1abd.jpg4456606483_97b811e87d.jpg

4456606475_5dfd7a7d48.jpg

Hey guys

Well I'm currently 60% through blocking the engine bay down. Firewall was a real headache haha but I got through it.

I'm going to get some automotive sealer to seal up all the gaps in the engine bay, been a bit paranoid and don't want the engine bay to look tacky.

So I'm going to track down some of this Sikaflex automotive sealer and seal up all the gaps in the engine bay so no water can get in and no rust can form :)

or if anyone can recommend another product that would be good :)

yep thats me in the engine bay :)

4463883662_48aa7a418d.jpg

Edited by Tally

Why's that?

My dad's painted many cars over the years and this is how he told me to do it, also my uncle is a panel beater and ive watched him wet rub like this many times...

I'm using 600 wet as that is good for painting acrylic.

That's just what ive learnt so far as this whole build up is a learning experience for me :)

hey man, bad idea to wet rub your undercoat, use dry 320. love your progress!

I'm also curious to hear this. I understand primer is porus, but from all I have been told wet rubbing is the thing to do from primer onwards with acrylic...

Good work Tally

Hey instead of using sikaflex maybe "drip check"? might wanna ask your uncle which is better considering i don't know what your going to be sealing. Its usally used between panels and to protect overlapping panels from what my panel guys told me years ago.

Hope ive helped in some way.

Matt

Thanks matt yea nah he told me to seal em with sikaflex so just doing it that way.

I ended up getting Sikaflex 252 instead of the automotive 227 one. Its more heat resistant so better for engine bays. Thanks to Mick.

Dad got the bonnet, roof, boot lid and drivers rear quarter rubbed down last night, few low spots but we will touch em up so should be sweeeeeetttt. can't wait.

Lookin good Tally :y:

Shoulda let me know you were after some Sikaflex. I got boxes of the stuff...

now you tell me haha, shoulda mentioned to ya on the phone, :)

what type do you have?

Man I'm jealous of your beard making skills :)

Oh yeah and good work on the 25 too :)

haha thanks its currently in its 'trimmed down' period...

I'm going to Melbourne over Easter so I'm trying my best to get it all rubbed down and ready for paint when I get back :D

now you tell me haha, shoulda mentioned to ya on the phone, :)

what type do you have?

Its automotive stuff. But I'm sure i can get boxes of almost any type your after.

Yea, if i knew thats what you were going to buy i woulda chucked ya a couple tubes.